San Diego Padres Fauxbackish Uniform Concept

joebryan24

So I am not a huge fan of the Padres uniforms as of late, they are not bad looking but I just am not that interested in them so I decided to try my hand at some Padres Uniforms. I have loads of MLB concepts that I will posting in a new thread shortly but I thought I'd like to get some C&C on my padres concepts.

332w8w0.jpg

2qw08ps.jpg

2mrebmh.jpg

5nrzw2.jpg

mpyeb.jpg1tx1dy.jpg

ek115x.jpg

And to give credit where credit is due the Uniform template is based off of Tim O'Brien's template, I just added a few elements to the template.

The Cleat and Batting glove templates are ones that I created and are original designs, not existing nike cleats and batting gloves. Thanks!

Thanks for all the love guys!! If anybody wants to work with the uniform templates I use photoshop and I'm no pro so sometimes the templates are a little annoying since I mad them, but PM me and I can send either a PSD or JPEG. I'm still trying to perfect the shoe and clear templates but I have a nike Huarache 2kfresh template that is ready, along with a new balance 4040 and new balance 3000 that I can send along.

To echo the others, welcome to the boards and this is very good for a first post. I love the interlocking "SD" and the fact you went with scripts for the wordmarks.

I do think there's room to improve though. The scripts are a little too thin IMO. I think using the "Padres" script on the bat of the friar and creating a "San Diego" script based on it would look better. The wordmark under the friar logo really bugs me too (not your fault - you just recolored the current logo). I would use the font from the interlocking "SD" or drop it all together. And I'd be interested to see some different colorways as well. Maybe blue-orange or brown-gold.

Great start though!

So I tried using the script from the friar's bat as the Jersey wordmark and it looks good, but i dont think I like it as much as the other script. For the road jersey I struggled finding a font that matched that script so I tried the hat logo on the jersey. I also got rid of the lettering under the sleeve patch. I'll recolor these later with brown yellow, brown orange, brown old gold, blue orange, and redskins throwback style dark red and old gold.11smbg5.jpg

jacnrs.jpg

I love the logo design. I would definitely wear that on a hat. However, I don't like the Nike Jersey Design. It would be better if you made it Majestic. And also, on the Road uniform script, instead of having navy script with gold trim on a gray uniform, try trimming the navy blue script with gray, then trim the gray with gold. It will create a space effect and I think that will give it a cool contrast between the home and road jerseys besides it just being a different name on the jerseys. As for the gray road jersey with the SD in the corner, I love it, but could you do a concept where the piping is Gold instead of Navy? Oh and I love the cream color offwhite instead of pure traditional white on the home jersey.

Colorado Born and Raised!!

2gm6.png
LasVegasBowl_zpsdb9fb995.png

Archived