Gridiron Australia Concept League

PlatinumAmphibian

I am beginning to play gridiron this year and a I thought I could redesign the teams uniforms, the league is located in western Australia and features 8 teams. If all goes to play I may do redesigns for teams in other states, I am designing my own logo and home and away uniforms for each team. I have been wanting to do something like this after seeing GotPixels amazing work. Well here goes

PkI8eIQ.jpg

Up First the Claremont Jets (My team)

The Claremont Jets was formed in 1989 as part of an expanding Western Australia Gridiron Football League (WAGFL). In 1996 as a result of the WAGFL folding, the Jets joined Gridiron West. The Jets are also one of the most successful WA team in terms of championships won, with the current Championship tally standing at 5. These included 4 in a row for the 92/93, 93/94, 94/95 & 95/96 seasons in the WAGFL and a win in the 98/99 season in the new state league, The team has made the finals series 13 times in its 17 year history.

voqDxAb.jpg

gTi3GWE.jpg

gsffY9T.jpg

C&C much appreciated

Guest darkpiranha

Looking good. One thing I'd consider doing is lightening up the background on your main graphic so that the logos can pop out a bit better. Right now they are competing with the background and it's hard to really appreciate them like I'm sure you intend.

How many teams are there in this league, and how often do you think you'll get to update this thread?

Looking good. One thing I'd consider doing is lightening up the background on your main graphic so that the logos can pop out a bit better. Right now they are competing with the background and it's hard to really appreciate them like I'm sure you intend.

How many teams are there in this league, and how often do you think you'll get to update this thread?

There are 8 teams in the league and as it is a concept series I was thinking of either adding more teams to the Gridiron west league or combining the leagues across Australia to make one large league, I am hoping to update it probably with one team every few days, depending on how much spare time I have.

I would leave the saint helmet as it is now with the solid black wing it looks so much better than the gold and black one.

And just a FYI the since last year's national championship (state vs state) was played as a home and away league. Each team got a home and away game then a third game for placing a (although the under 19s was still run as a tourney held in Canberra) and I'm pretty sure they are trying to set it up as more than three games this year so there would be no point trying to set up a league from the state league clubs. Also there is also a club national championship where every team is given a rank and 1 plays 2 for the championship izivNGi.jpg (I play for the team that is currently ranked 3rd)

I think that Jet logo belonged to someone here on the boards, it was a NY Jets concept, which explains why it has a skyscraper.

Don't steal logos. I realize this is just a concept, but if that is the case ask permission to use it in your concept and then give credit where it is due

I didn't steal the logo at all, are you talking about this one? http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/76079-ny-jets-logo-uniform-concept/page-3 I did the shape myself and put the jets on it, it was unintentialy a skyscraper, I had it curved before but it didn't look any good, don't accuse people of stealing without a basis.

I would leave the saint helmet as it is now with the solid black wing it looks so much better than the gold and black one.

And just a FYI the since last year's national championship (state vs state) was played as a home and away league. Each team got a home and away game then a third game for placing a (although the under 19s was still run as a tourney held in Canberra) and I'm pretty sure they are trying to set it up as more than three games this year so there would be no point trying to set up a league from the state league clubs. Also there is also a club national championship where every team is given a rank and 1 plays 2 for the championship izivNGi.jpg (I play for the team that is currently ranked 3rd)

I was thinking of joining all the gridiron leagues in Australia to make one big league, not just using the state teams, i.e combining gridiron west with, gridiron qld, gridiron Victoria and gridiron NSW.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Platinum Amphibian, Nice work on the Saints logos etc. Any chance you could drop me an email so I can have a chat to you about doing something for the team and rasing the level of professionalism of our graphics??

Coach@CurtinSaints.com

I have a lot of contacts at Monash Warriors as well in Melbourne so it would be good to see if your keen to help us.

cheers mate

Hey Platinum Amphibian, Nice work on the Saints logos etc. Any chance you could drop me an email so I can have a chat to you about doing something for the team and rasing the level of professionalism of our graphics??

Coach@CurtinSaints.com

I have a lot of contacts at Monash Warriors as well in Melbourne so it would be good to see if your keen to help us.

cheers mate

Sent you an email :)

Archived