the American Association of College Athletics (First try at fictional Uni's!)

Davidellias

the AACA is a fictional colleget sporting sanction that was started in the mid-60s to provide an alternative to the NCAA and NAIA, All schools are comepletely fictional and do have some backstory. There are 9 conferences so far and counting (This includes 17 independant teams).

The conferences are as follows and I will be psoting them in order

The Golden Pacific Conference (14 teams / 2 divisions)

The Tennessee Valley Conference ( 11 Teams )

The Atlantic and Gulf Conference (15 teams / 2 Divisions )

Eastern Lakes Conference (8 Teams)

The Atlantic 8 Conference (9 teams)

Independants (17 Teams)

Grand West Sports League (7 teams)

Metro Lakes Conference (8 teams)

Virginialina Conference (7 teams)

Plus there's a possibility of more......

Now I do wanan note some things

1.) I am not good at logos, a lot of these schools will use either re-colored logos of other teams or Webdings, or even just text. I will make mention of any logos that are premade.

2.) I'm new to this, so don't expect a lot of flashy designs. I am keeping things within my limit.

GB4tjYx.jpg?1?2352

player_was___taylor_by_verasthebrujah-d9

I'm interested by this.

However, I recommend that you do more than just recolor other people's logos, which seems to get a lot of people into trouble on these boards.

Even if you are new to this, it never hurts to try to push your limits. If you don't, you'll never improve.

I have always thought that some Webdings would make good logos, though.

If you do just want to use Clip Art (or use Clip Art for inspiration), I'd recommend http://www.wpclipart.com/. It's got a lot of good designs, and all of it is free and in the public domain, so you don't have to worry about copyright issues.

Though, again, if you want most people on these boards to take you seriously, I'd recommend that you try to make your own logos.

"Jesus said to him, 'I am the way, and the truth, and the life.'" - John 14:6

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." - John 3:16

Thanks for all the tips guys! I will use them in the future

I will be posting 3-4 schools at a time

Golden Pacific Conference

History: The Golden Pacific Conference started of as one of the original AACA Confrences. It had, at its inception, 7 schools from the state of California in the 70s privates schools, Cal Wesleyan and Parker College joined. Expansion happened again in the 80s when Coloumbia Christan and Oregon-Coos Bay joined the conference after the Pacific Forest Conference they were apart of shut down. Expansion continued as several west coast independants joined. they included scrappy Nevada Tech, luckless Winnemuca State and finally, the newcomers on the block Central Arizona. The Conference now has 14 teams and is composed of two divsions. The Championship game is held each year in Sacremento.

NAME:University of California Yuba City (UCYC)

NICKNAME: Golden Terriers

CONFERENCE: Golden Pacifc Conference (North Division)

FOUNDED: 1925

FIRST SEASON: 1948

PREDICTION: 1st North

INFO: Year in and Year out UCYC is one of the teams to beat in not only the GPC, but also in the nation. The Golden Terriers have won 5 championships in the last 12 years. UCYC's uniform has not changed since the early 80s and is regarded as a classic despite it's overly simple appearence and akward yellow shirt.

tTlghrJ.jpg

NAME:] California State University at Redding

NICKNAME: Falcons[

CONFERENCE: Golden Pacfic Conference (North Division)

FOUNDED: 1955

FIRST SEASON: 1962

PREDICTION: 2nd North

INFO: Not only a continder for the Division, CSUR also is a contender on a national level, having won the AACA Football title on more then one occasion, most recently in 2005. There uniform is a rather new concotion, whipped up in 2011. Needlessto say it has been derided by fan and alumni alike, and word is there is a change on the horizon.

gfmMuFI.jpg

NAME: Nevada Polytechnical University (NTech)

NICKNAME: Coyotes

CONFERENCE: Golden Pacific (North Division)

FOUNDED: 1970

FIRST SEASON: 1972

PREDICTION: 3rd

INFO: Nevers a really Strong team historically, NTech has expirienced a surgein the past few years, and managed a 8-3 record last year. The Coyotes also were know for the lopsided rivalry with their bretheren in Reno (University of Nevada), which tended to favor the Wolfpack. The rivalry stopped in the mid90s when Nevada moved up to D-I. As for the uniforms NTech is know to have some rather conservitive Uniforms, which is saying alot considering how conservitive the AACA is in the first place.

h60FkZb.jpg

GB4tjYx.jpg?1?2352

NAME: University of Oregon - Coos Bay Campus (UOBC)
NICKNAME: Blue Wave
CONFERENCE: Golden Pacfic Conference (North Division)
FOUNDED: 1963
FIRST SEASON: 1965
PREDICTION 4th North
INFO: One of the first two non-California schools in the G-PAC, UOCB is one of the best outdoors schools in the USA with a fantastic Forrestry and Marine Biology schools. The school went into makeover mode for its sports programs when AD Julian Rooney wanted to give the teams a look that would make opponents feel like there were up against a literal blue wave.

FZb4F35.jpg

NAME: University of California Tahoe Campus (UCT)
NICKNAME: Lakers
CONFERENCE: Golden Pacific (North)
FOUNDED: 1933
FIRST SEASON: 1966
PREDICTION 5th North
INFO: There isn't alot to say about UCT, they are almost always a middle of the road team it seems like, although they have had some success in the late 70s when they went 9-2. There uniforms have been the same since forever it seems (there logo is that of a minor league hockey team whose name I forgot)

D6tkoq5.jpg

NAME: Coloumbia Christan University (CCU)
NICKNAME: Centurions
FOUNDED: 1940
FIRST SEASON: 1950
PREDICTION 6th North
INFO: The Other School that joined the Golden Pacific after the fall of the Pacific Forest Conference, CCU has seen better years and is currently in rebuilding. Uniforms are some of the best in the league and the logo is a recolored Albany Conquest logo.

dZ0oz4l.jpg

NAME: Winnemuca State University (WIN)
NICKNAME: Raiders
FOUNDED: 1947
FIRST SEASON: 1955
PREDICTION 7th North
INFO: Oh Boy, Winnemuca State! This team is to AACA Football as Cal Tech is to NCAA Basketball. It isn't for a lack of trying, WSU Athletics have recently tried to update the look of the team changing from black uni's to orange, in an effort to make players more comfortable.

CCdQkoC.jpg

GB4tjYx.jpg?1?2352

Thanks for the complement guys, but I think kinda jumped in the deep end with this project. having to make almost 100 different school was probably not a good idea for a novice like me. When I get back from a trip I am taking this weekend Ii wll possibly post the other sevent eams I made and then hopefully go on towards a simpiler project such as the Minor League Foothball Idea I had.

Thansk again for the encouragement though. Making Uniforms up is fun, don't get me wrong. I look forward to doin more in the future!

GB4tjYx.jpg?1?2352

Thanks for the complement guys, but I think kinda jumped in the deep end with this project. having to make almost 100 different school was probably not a good idea for a novice like me. When I get back from a trip I am taking this weekend Ii wll possibly post the other sevent eams I made and then hopefully go on towards a simpiler project such as the Minor League Foothball Idea I had.

Thansk again for the encouragement though. Making Uniforms up is fun, don't get me wrong. I look forward to doin more in the future!

You could spread it out a little bit. Maybe do one every week?

NAME: University of California Tahoe Campus (UCT)

NICKNAME: Lakers

FOUNDED: 1933

FIRST SEASON: 1966

PREDICTION 5th North

INFO: There isn't alot to say about UCT, they are almost always a middle of the road team it seems like, although they have had some success in the late 70s when they went 9-2. There uniforms have been the same since forever it seems (there logo is that of a minor league hockey team whose name I forgot)

D6tkoq5.jpg

Just an FYI... every school in the University of California system uses some shade of blue with some shade of gold for its colors.

Archived