Paramount Football League - Cincinnati

JoHyphenE

That looks great. It looks a little similar to the Little Rock Miners of the PDC, but then again it's SOO hard to have an original concept these days.

9/10 Great work Joe.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That looks great. It looks a little similar to the Little Rock Miners of the PDC, but then again it's SOO hard to have an original concept these days.

9/10 Great work Joe.

Beat me too it. Only so many ways to make a diamond though, so you're good

Time for another installment in the PFL! This time I bring you the Kansas City Bees! I made up this team as kid (name, color scheme, etc.) so it was a happy accident when I found out that both Kansas and Missouri's state insect was the honeybee. The Bees entered the league in 2003 and have won two PFL championships in their short existence. Here is their primary logo:

KansasCityBeesPrimary_zpsf7994243.png

I think the legs could use some work, but I'm not sure how big of a deal that is. C+C appreciated and thanks for looking!

scarvessmall_zpsc4c8e942.png

Bees: Colours look washed out. Brighten that gold. Even though this is supposed to be cartoonish, you still need to pay some heed to anatomy. Insects have three body parts, not one--and on a honeybee, the thorax that is missing here is particularly pronounced. Also, unless you're going anthropomorphic, which you're not, you really need six legs. And the wings look like they're jammed halfway into the body, rather than connecting the way they do in real life--connected by a thin bit to the (missing) thorax.

In short, I'd suggest using a reference photo as your starting point.

rATMcmK.png

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having a hard time with Kansas City's update and I've been working on other things recently, but this thread is still slowly trudging along. The next team up is the Cincinnati Engineers! Cincinnati was a crucial point along the Underground Railroad because once the slaves passed the Ohio River they were much safer. Guides along the Underground Railroad were known as engineers, thus the name. There is also a nice museum dedicated to Undergound Railroad in Cincinnati, if you ever visit there it's pretty cool. The Engineers were founded in 1991 and have won 3 PFL Championships. Here is their logo:

cincyprimary_zps8cd40b9e.png

Sorry about the black background, you needed to see the outline) The logo contains a side view of a train, but the stack and other features on top of the train are made up f the silhouette of Cincinnati's skyline. Hope you enjoy! As always C+C appreciated and thanks for viewing!

I like it, but the background is bothering me, maybe make it grey? But the black is kinda toying with my head to much, it's a good concept, and I know you only did that to show off the outline.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

I like it, but the background is bothering me, maybe make it grey? But the black is kinda toying with my head to much, it's a good concept, and I know you only did that to show off the outline.

I agree. Either lighten the blue to add more contrast or have a color other than black there. I felt compelled to put this in powerpoint and put it on grayscale, and without the outline, you wouldn't even be able to tell where the logo is.

• 2 weeks later...

Just updating and letting it be known that this project has been put on the backburner for the time being. I will finish it eventually, but for now I don't have loads of time to work on it so the updates will be coming even slower and less often. C+C appreciated on any current teams, thanks!

Archived