Paramount Football League - Cincinnati

JoHyphenE

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any suggestions as to how I can improve upon it?

Honestly the name I get it, but it doesn't sound "mean" Like the Ravens or the Falcons. Football team names are supposed to sound mean. Because it is a mean sport. That's - 3 right there. Also if you are sticking with the name the carrying thing or whatever its called at the bottom is just a box, make a little more detailed. That's the other - 0.5.

So the name: 5/10

The overall Design: 9/10

NEWSGG copy.png

I think the key here is that they are supposed to be mean sounding. Browns, Saints, Packers, and Dolphins aren't exactly mean or menacing names. I figured if those are acceptable then Balloons would also be able to work. I will work on the basket though.

scarvessmall_zpsc4c8e942.png

The next team to be introduced to the PFL is the last of the founding members. The Iowa Goldfinches are located in Des Moines, Iowa. Being from Iowa, I obviously did not want to do a cliché farm related concept, so I turned to the state bird, the Eastern Goldfinch, as my inspiration. Eastern Goldfinches are abundant in Iowa and you see at least one almost every day. The colors also lent nicely to Iowa matching the Hawkeyes pretty well. The Iowa Goldfinches came into the league in 1976 as a founding member. They have won three PFL championships. Here is the logo of the Iowa Goldfinches:

IowaGoldfinchesPrimary_zps96170378.png

I have reworked this logo many times and this is what I was finally satisfied with. C+C appreciated and as always, thanks for viewing!

I don't think team names have to be "mean", but if it sounds silly when you say "Let's Go ***", then it doesn't work. (Perhaps the exception is soccer, where names and nicknames are often two separate things.) I get that you wanted a balloon logo, but that doesn't mean you have to call the team the Balloons. Names like Flyers or Aeros would work. Or I-forget-who did a soccer concept for Albuquerque with a balloon (a smart tie-in) and called them the Wanderers (granted, a very soccer name).

I like the Goldfinches logo, by the way.

rATMcmK.png

I guess I'll keep Providence as is. I'm moving away from the last charter member for this next concept. Louisville was granted a PFL franchise that would begin play in 2000, being the eigth expansion team in the league. The city wanted an outside of the box name and eventually settled on the Louisville Balloons to try and raise the popularity of the newly founded Adam Matthews Balloon Festival (now Bluegrass Balloon Festival) that is held in Louisville annually. It has since become the fifth largest balloon festival and largest in Kentucky. The team has only been around for 13 seasons, but they already have 2 championships to show for it ('06 & '10). Here is the logo:

LouisvilleBalloonsPrimary_zps7b0cbd34.pn

The colors come directly from Louisville's city seal and the fleur de lis is modeled after that as well. I think the basket needs some work since it is so plain, but other than that I'm satisfied with this concept. C+C appreciated once again, thanks for following!

This is a rather lame name for a football team, especially in my home state...I have a three letter word for this concept and the middle letter is "A".

I like flyers better, but the first thing I think about when I hear that word is the Dayton Flyers.

spacer.png

I like flyers better, but the first thing I think about when I hear that word is the Dayton Flyers.

Well you could also relate Flyers to the Philadelphian hockey team, but neither is known for football so I think it's fine.

The next franchise in the PFL to be unveiled is the Charlotte Royals! The Charlotte Royals were founded in 1988 and play in the South Division. The Royals have won two championships during their tenure in the league. Their name came about with Charlotte being the Queen City. I thought Queens wouldn't be the best name for a football team so I settled with Royals. The logo is modeled after Charlotte's second flag that was adopted in 1985, but it is altered a bit:

us-nccmb.gif

Charlotte's logo:

CharlotteRoyalsPrimary_zps41645dc3.png

And as always C+C appreciated and thanks for your input and viewership!

I think I might rework Charlotte later, but until then here is the next organization to be introduced to the PFL, the Arkansas Diamonds! The Diamonds name was chosen by the citizens of Little Rock (the team's city) because of the state's history in the gem mining business. The Diamonds began play in 1997 and play in the Central Division. They have never won the PFL title and hold the league's worst W/L percentage (.235%). They have only made the playoffs once and were ousted in the first round, but Diamonds fans are some of the most loyal in the league! Here is there logo:

arkansasdiamonsprimary2_zps3158bb66.png

Nothing too exciting here. I tried to show the diamond from a more unique angle rather than head on. C+C appreciated and thanks for stopping in as always!

Also the title page has been updated with links to each team's most updated logo.

The letters would disappear on the top of that Royals logo when shrunken down much at all. Drop them. Otherwise, good.

The upper facets on the diamond are all the wrong angle. They should be pointing towards the centre. Also, not understanding why it's set at an angle. I feel the Arkansas logo is lacking something.

rATMcmK.png

Archived