Need Second Pair of Eye's

Greg_Fryman

I need another pair of eye's for some help with a logo I am doing so that I can quit using my name for the designs that I do. I want to have something that is iconic and kind of makes you think as to what it is without being impossible to understand. I have been working on the "55 Designs" logo for a couple of days and have went through 10+ draft and I am very settled on this one. My concerns are that it is nearly impossible to understand just looking for any help how to make it a little easier to catch. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

55DESIGNS_zps08249dcf.png

sportslogosbutton1.pngsportslogosbutton2.png

2l9mudh.jpg

Sorry, without you calling it out I can't see the '55' at all. Looks more like a 'SP' or 'Se' to me...

That's what I'm saying :lol: I have almost tried everything to make it look like a 55 the second 5 is flipped because I like the overall shape of the design. Looking for any suggestions.

sportslogosbutton1.pngsportslogosbutton2.png

2l9mudh.jpg

Part of the issue here is the breaks you have in the shapes. It looks like two overlapping lines more than two numbers. You've got the bottom half of the left numeral connected to the top half of the right. Doesn't work. I'd revisit how you break the shapes up.

Also contributing to this is likely the fact that the second 5 is backwards. It could work, but you're going to have to make the numbers more legible to make it do so.

Do you have other ideas, or was this the 10th draft of this idea? It'd be cool to see what else you've created. I think it's important to never settle, nor force something to work if it isn't going to. Keep exploring if you're not happy with it (either totally different ideas, or minor tweaks to one idea). You'll come up with something even better. I must've gone through over 50 iterations of my own personal monogram before assembling the one I currently have.

I'm having a hard time making out the flipped 5, only because of the way the middle shape joins the two together. It looks like some kind of P and J hybrid. Or an awkwardly angled 3.

I'm interested in seeing your previous drafts, maybe there's something you've tried already that you could build on?

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

I see an extra apostrophe in the word "eyes".

:upside:

It does look like 52 to me. The second 5 just isn't visible and I suspect it's due to the seperation/overlap on the lower right. I'm not sure an interlock will work with the number 55 and having the second digit backwards only causes confusion.

Perhaps do a mirrored or shadowed effect with the second 5 instead?

87Redskins.png

I like the logo, actually. I have no earthly idea what it means but if it's trying to say 5d or 55 then it doesn't accomplish that. It's not hard on the eyes, for what that's worth.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived