Peoria Chiefs Rebrand

8BW14

Ever since the Peoria Chiefs became affiliated with the Cubs a few years ago, and re-branded to a fire chief instead of a Native American Chief, I have never been a fan of the new look. While It's not a bad look and is a creative take on the name, I have been wanting to see a return to the former Chiefs identity since they became affiliated with the Cardinals again this past season.

First, I came up with a primary/cap logo. It is a stylized headdress in the shape of a capital C

PeoriaChiefsPrimary_zpsf1547ab2.png

The alternate logo is an animated cardinal head, wearing feathers, which is heavily based on a logo used by the Chiefs during their most recent affiliation with the St. Louis Cardinals

PeoriaChiefsaltlogo_zps9d5091a4.png

Next is the home and road uniform scripts, which use the Cardinals' font to tie the Chiefs identity to the parent club's.

PeoriaChiefsHomescript_zps2343878c.png

PeoriaChiefsroadscript_zps77310eef.png

So, what does everyone think? I have a lot of time invested in this concept and I am always willing to make it better. Feel free to offer any C&C or any other input.

Once I get all of the bugs worked out I will post the uniforms as the last part of this concept, Thanks.

I think the first logo is a bit too busy if you're going for a stylized 'C' look. Try something simpler, and maybe tack in a couple cardinal feathers for the headdress effect, or maybe even turn the tail of the C in your wordmark and fade it into a cardinal feather tassel or something.

Not really feeling the animated chubby Cardinal head either. The shading looks really jagged and all over the place, especially around the cheeks and top of the head..

8VvwoNps.png

I think the first logo is a bit too busy if you're going for a stylized 'C' look. Try something simpler, and maybe tack in a couple cardinal feathers for the headdress effect, or maybe even turn the tail of the C in your wordmark and fade it into a cardinal feather tassel or something.

Not really feeling the animated chubby Cardinal head either. The shading looks really jagged and all over the place, especially around the cheeks and top of the head..

Okay, yeah now that I have stepped back from this, I really don't like either one of the logos. I have something in mind for a new one, so I will post that when I get it finished.

The scripts...I figure you may wanna get the outline squared, unless you're on a stealth avant-garde kick or something, and saying "screw symmetry!" And I'd tweak the script a bit, smooth out the transition between the F and S in Chiefs.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived