Remaining 2014 Olympic Jerseys

kiwi_canadian

So far we've seen Russia, USA, Czech Republic and Canada. This series is just to do the remaining nations that are participating in hockey at the Olympics. Remaining we have Slovakia, Slovenia, Latvia, Germany, Sweden, Switzerland, Finland, Norway, Austria and from the women's side Japan. Hopefully I'll be able to beat out the remaining countries before they release them but we will see.

To start off I have Latvia. I went back to the design of their 100 IIHF jersey when the World Champs were in Canada. I combined that design with their current one. I kept the "LATVIJA" on the front as well as kept their current font.

c5yhyqh.png

Next I have Slovakia. Again, I went back to the 100 year IIHF jersey and used that design with a slightly larger logo. It's clean and simple and works well for them.

ACpsUfU.png

And finally Slovenia. They were long shots to get in and they did. I do like their current IIHF jersey but as we all know, countries are not aloud to use their federation logo on the front. (Which sucks because I like the lynx logo they use). For these ones, I drew inspiration from both their current Nike soccer jerseys as well as Russia's "white" jersey. I used the soccer design which are the mountains on the coat of arms for Slovenia and put those on the front and kept the colours the same as the order on their flag. The crest is the coat of arms with "SLOVENIJA" under it. FOr the white jersey, I went back to what they first wore as an independent country after breaking away from Yugoslavia. Working on the Swiss next and then Germany.

FxLl6Jv.png

At any other time, I would have said that Slovenia's "darks" had way too much white. But with what Nike's doing this year, hey, whatever lol.

Seriously though, I like the concepts a lot.

Great job so far, kiwi.

I was gonna make the same observation as hockey.

There might be too much white up top, on the Slovenian darks. (side-note: I was in Slovenia for a week many years ago; Beautiful country!)

What if you matched the socks {white on the bottom) on the front and arms?

Then keep the back blue and make the shoulders blue?

Again nice work.

Love the international stuff.

DAMN I made my 1000th past in another thread and it was a waste!!! Oh well!!! This is my 1001st POST!!!! Yay me!!!!

Anyways enough of the shenanigans. So up first is Norway. They had a plain and simplistic look the previous Olympics so I thought I would kick it up a bit. I added the nation's flag as the shoulder decorations and went back to the arm piping they had in the mid 90's.

3IhrOjH.png

Up next is one of my favorites so far and that is Switzerland. I loved that they had last Olympics (so much in fact that I went out and purchased the jersey last boxing day at a hell of a deal. $60!!!) that and they had a player with the last name "Wick" on their team so it would not be a jersey faux pas if I got my name on the back of it. Anyways, for the Swiss I wanted to keep it simple again. I kept the contrasting shoulders and added another stripe below the collar kind of like the US one. The arm piping is also changed a bit with one stripe thicker than the other. For the logo I used the Swiss coat of arms and centered the logo instead of having it to the upper right hand area. (Also kept the black for the same reason Canada has black and that is to separate the already very red and white jersey. A little bit of black does help in these cases.)

Y2YP1DX.png

Finally for this post, Finland (and my other favorite so far). The Finns had a retro jersey for the last world champs I think so I went with that design as my base. Added in are the arm stripe to match up with the waist and using the Finnish coat of arms as the logo like they did with the last Olympics. "SUOMI" is also back in red and trimmed with either blue or white depending on what jersey you are looking at.

8ghEPt7.png

So now I'm down to four remaining countries and they are Austria and Sweden for the men's and Japan and Germany for the women's. Holefully I'll be able to get going on those soon. Meanwhile enjoy these ones as they are my 1001st post.

So far we've seen Russia, USA, Czech Republic and Canada. This series is just to do the remaining nations that are participating in hockey at the Olympics. Remaining we have Slovakia, Slovenia, Latvia, Germany, Sweden, Switzerland, Finland, Norway, Austria and from the women's side Japan. Hopefully I'll be able to beat out the remaining countries before they release them but we will see.

To start off I have Latvia. I went back to the design of their 100 IIHF jersey when the World Champs were in Canada. I combined that design with their current one. I kept the "LATVIJA" on the front as well as kept their current font.

Next I have Slovakia. Again, I went back to the 100 year IIHF jersey and used that design with a slightly larger logo. It's clean and simple and works well for them.

And finally Slovenia. They were long shots to get in and they did. I do like their current IIHF jersey but as we all know, countries are not aloud to use their federation logo on the front. (Which sucks because I like the lynx logo they use). For these ones, I drew inspiration from both their current Nike soccer jerseys as well as Russia's "white" jersey. I used the soccer design which are the mountains on the coat of arms for Slovenia and put those on the front and kept the colours the same as the order on their flag. The crest is the coat of arms with "SLOVENIJA" under it. FOr the white jersey, I went back to what they first wore as an independent country after breaking away from Yugoslavia. Working on the Swiss next and then Germany.

Why did you decide that these are the jerseys will be at the Olympic Games in Sochi?

Today I spoke with IIHF, I was told that even these teams jerseys are not approved.

So far only approved, Czech Republic, Russia, the USA and Canada

I found a virtual hockey jerseys here http://www.hockeyaddons.ru/showthread.php?t=1628

http://www.hockeyaddons.ru/showthread.php?t=1628&page=6

http://www.hockeyaddons.ru/showthread.php?t=1628&page=9

Russia, Canada, USA, Slovenija, and Czech Republic.

Slovenija http://www.hockeyaddons.ru/showthread.php?t=1628&page=4

Why did you decide that these are the jerseys will be at the Olympic Games in Sochi?

Today I spoke with IIHF, I was told that even these teams jerseys are not approved.

So far only approved, Czech Republic, Russia, the USA and Canada

I found a virtual hockey jerseys here http://www.hockeyaddons.ru/showthread.php?t=1628

http://www.hockeyaddons.ru/showthread.php?t=1628&page=6

http://www.hockeyaddons.ru/showthread.php?t=1628&page=9

Russia, Canada, USA, Slovenija, and Czech Republic.

Slovenija http://www.hockeyaddons.ru/showthread.php?t=1628&page=4

I never decided anything. These are merely concepts of my ideas for what teams may look like for the upcoming games. Will my designs be taken in by Nike and the IIHF? Most likely not. What I base my designs on are what I like and what I wish to see other countries/ teams in... Must say though if that Slovenia jersey that is posted on there is in fact true, then at least I got the mountain design correct lol.

I like all of these. A quick note, the Swiss + is always to be white. It's the Red Cross if it's red. That's why they've had some odd designs with a white cross with a red outline on a white jersey, because the cross has to be white.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

I like all of these. A quick note, the Swiss + is always to be white. It's the Red Cross if it's red. That's why they've had some odd designs with a white cross with a red outline on a white jersey, because the cross has to be white.

I did not know that. I'll make tat change come the weekend... What's the reason behind that?

I did not know that. I'll make tat change come the weekend... What's the reason behind that?

I think it has to do with the Red Cross wanting to ensure there is no confusion about what a red cross actually means, particularly in times of conflict/disaster. They have always been very protective of the symbol, to the point of taking legal action (I remember one recent example of a play which had nurses uniforms with red crosses on them, the Red Cross was not happy).

EDIT: Read here: http://www.redcross.ca/who-we-are/about-the-canadian-red-cross/red-cross-logo-and-emblem/it-may-just-be-a-game-to-you-but-it-means-the-world-to-us

Well here are the last 3 teams as Sweden have just released their jerseys. So for the last team in the Men's competition, we have Austria. I went with what their junior team wore last year as I like the simplicity with the jersey. I carried over the Nike number font and kept the chest stripes going all the way around except for where the numbers are.

tXBL6AE.png

Now for the Women's. Japan up first. For the Japanese, I went back to a previous series I did as I really liked the design. I think I based it off of a previous Olympic jersey for Japan. I kept the shield with the sun in it as the main crest. I added the war flag onto the shoulders as a sublimated design and I think it fits well with this jersey.

XBbvaah.png

Finally Germany (who qualified in the women's). For the Germans, I went back to their centennial jersey for the IIHF and instead of the boring white stripes, I added the colours of the German flag in there as well. I also sublimated the eagle onto the front of the jersey instead of the arms or shoulders as previously done with Germany.

XJTNVoN.png

That's it for this series. It will be interesting to see if I am at all close to what will be released or if I'm way off base. Either way, enjoy and C&C as always is much appreciated. (The Swiss dark jersey was also edited to keep the cross white instead of red)

Archived