NHL Third Jersey Designs

farmkid98

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Couple things on your Ducks concept to make it more presentable. The crest/number/name are all too low (and the crest is a little too big). Try making the gear not the center of attention, rather the jersey the main focus. And to make it less pixelated, save your final image as a .png

My Behance Portfolio --- Follow @Steinosaur19

2LYbxnm.png

Couple things on your Ducks concept to make it more presentable. The crest/number/name are all too low (and the crest is a little too big). Try making the gear not the center of attention, rather the jersey the main focus. And to make it less pixelated, save your final image as a .png

Will work on that. I accidentally saved it as a jpeg and noticed it after I had already closed out of the program.

29leknt.png

2ng4wfm.png

1491jxf.jpg

2qi9vf6.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Whoa those stars on the arms are HUGE. Same with the logos. The socks need real striping and glove would look horrible in real life. I hate to be that guy, but NHL rules require TV numbers and the should be on your concepts anyway. I updated my helmet and glove template to be smaller so if you'd like that, message me.

Jake88%2BSignture.png

A lot of these ideas are actually pretty good, man. Your execution isn't the best, but keep working because these are really solid ideas. I won't comment on all of them but two that really stood out to me were the very first Avalanche one you posted and this Caps one you just posted.

Normally, I hate wordmarks on hockey sweaters, but for some reason the "Avalanche" combined with the yeti foot really worked for me. There are some slight issues with the wordmark being a tad too big and in so the logo was pushed down too close to the hem stripes. Speaking of which, there needs to be a little bit of uniformity between the hem and sleeve stripes. They don't need to be identical but right now you've got modern sleeve stripes with retro hem stripes and it clashes.

The Capitals one is pretty good too. Again, for some reason the wordmark works here (probably because it's part of the logo). Also, as in your Avs concept, the logo is a little too big; I'd shrink it a bit.

I've noticed too that the quality of your logos are a bit pixelated. You may want to work on that too. May I suggest downloading Paint.NET? I literally recommend it to all Paint users (and I'm sorry if you're not using Paint, I'm just assuming you are). Anyway, it's a free program very similar to Paint, making it relatively easy to use, and it produces much better results.

I like some of the stuff I'm seeing; it's very out-of-the-box, I'm glad you're not posting a bunch of bland concepts that many (including myself) are guilty of.

A lot of these ideas are actually pretty good, man. Your execution isn't the best, but keep working because these are really solid ideas. I won't comment on all of them but two that really stood out to me were the very first Avalanche one you posted and this Caps one you just posted.

Normally, I hate wordmarks on hockey sweaters, but for some reason the "Avalanche" combined with the yeti foot really worked for me. There are some slight issues with the wordmark being a tad too big and in so the logo was pushed down too close to the hem stripes. Speaking of which, there needs to be a little bit of uniformity between the hem and sleeve stripes. They don't need to be identical but right now you've got modern sleeve stripes with retro hem stripes and it clashes.

The Capitals one is pretty good too. Again, for some reason the wordmark works here (probably because it's part of the logo). Also, as in your Avs concept, the logo is a little too big; I'd shrink it a bit.

I've noticed too that the quality of your logos are a bit pixelated. You may want to work on that too. May I suggest downloading Paint.NET? I literally recommend it to all Paint users (and I'm sorry if you're not using Paint, I'm just assuming you are). Anyway, it's a free program very similar to Paint, making it relatively easy to use, and it produces much better results.

I like some of the stuff I'm seeing; it's very out-of-the-box, I'm glad you're not posting a bunch of bland concepts that many (including myself) are guilty of.

Yeah I use Paint.net too, and it truly helps the execution of any concept. Since I suppose you got my template off of HJC (I really don't know where else you'd get it, really) check out Ryan's PDN tutorial. It's a good way to learn.

Jake88%2BSignture.png

A lot of these are close to being good. There are some good ideas, but it seems like your going WAY too out of the box. Being original is one thing, but some of these I think just can't work. Like for some you have some decent arm stripes and designs, but then the hem striping is completely different. The jerseys I feel are missing a huge factor to me, and that is looking unified. It looks like some of these have 3 different jersey styles into one. It just looks cluttered and crazy.

Archived