Gray Facemask Collection

Dedalvs

those teams really shouldnt be wearing colored mask. that's not the brand personality they're going for. it goes deeper than aesthetic. i understand some like the aesthetic of colored mask better, but you have to be able to admit something is good, or appropriate, even if you don't like it. the Browns and Colts are doing it right. the Cards are off brand, and the Bills could go either way. that's how it is. the argument to be made isn't weather the grey mask should/shouldnt be worn, but if that particular brand image should be implemented. "leave the past in the past, we have colors now and the old school brand isn't desired" or "its great to see some teams honoring the history of the game by being an old school brand"

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree that the Redskins look far better with a grey mask than a yellow one.

I personally feel that certain color masks are just gaudy looking, and take too much away from the rest of the uniform. White facemasks are really ugly for the most part (exceptions include the red Bills helmets, Orange Crush era broncos, and the Chiefs).

To me, facemasks shouldn't take the eye away from the rest of the helmet, which is the most important part of the design. Though, I have no problem with differing colored facemasks for teams like the Jets or Packers, since they add balance; this also only works with dark colored masks. The only team that breaks my rule are the Pats, mostly because the masks add a welcome splash of red to their color scheme (or I'm just a homer, who knows).

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Archived