Working on a Yearbook for Fantasy Baseball

RoughRiders99

Hello everybody.

Some of you may have seen one of my previous threads (CLICK HERE TO SEE IT), where I posted some of my concepts for my fantasy baseball league (sorry, league’s full, even with 20 members!). Anyway, I designed logos and uniforms for all 20 teams in the league and the league is starting to get the feel of the Icethetics league, where pretty much is held up at a “professional” level.

And I saw that they had yearbooks for three straight years, and when I saw them…

Of course I HAD to make one for my league. I tried to make it for the 2013 season, but I started on the project too late and didn’t really have enough time at all to finish it before the upcoming 2014 season.

So. I’m sort of starting all over again and will build on the 2014 yearbook as the year goes along. Along the way, I’ll add more and more to the yearbook, such as recaps, major events in the league, all-star games, et cetera.

Obviously, the bulk of the yearbook will be focused on the teams themselves, so right now I am working on a MASTER team page/template for all 20 teams, using the Seattle Thunderbirds as the stand-in team for me.

So I would absolutely love to get some of your feedbacks on what I’ve done so far for the team page, and some suggestions for additions/changes/whatever else you can think of!

0xIrWQY.jpg

It would be more of a PDF Slideshow at 1920x1080, FYI

YES. YES. I am saying that the Icethetics League heavily inspired me, so that’s why they may look similar in some areas here and there. So I give all of the credits to them for their brilliances in the league.

ALSO, if you want to, please feel free to add any more ideas of what I should add to the yearbook! So far here’s a little list of what will be included in the yearbook (in no particular order):
• Team directory
• 2013 history
• League map
• The teams’ “farm teams” (no logos. Just a list)
• Team awards
• Standings/Playoff results
• All-Star Game results (I sim an “all-star” game using MLB The Show on my PlayStation)
• League Rival games (kinda similar to Soccer Cups)
• Just to name a few!
Thank you!!

RoughRiders99

A couple of us have been crazy enough to create things like this for leagues in the fantasy section of the boards, if you're looking for more inspiration:

Myself: NCFA, ALBC

Jimmy!: MLF, NABA

Mockba: IFA

TalktoChuck: NCFA FCS

WOW, YES!! Thanks so much!! I'll def be looking through all these and get some ideas here and there!

There goes my night, haha.

In the meanwhile, just a slight update to the Master Team page:

a373c1a89f5423569e5b2d0fc4d370f2.png

Although that may change a little bit now that I'll be leafing through these yearbooks drdougfresh posted.

Just thought I'd drop another update this morning before I head out for work:

174aa77213e7c85d31c25e6d19c6b36e.png

As you can see, I added the "Final Roster" section and the top 2 players (pitcher/hitter). Then I added a "Rivals" box with their series names. Lastly, I tossed in another box that will be dedicated to the team's article of what they did during the '14 season. The speech, taken from Field of Dreams, is just a placeholder for now.

Archived