Croatian League of American Football - CLAF (Koprivnica ROOSTERS added 19/20)

dado

Dubrovnik LIBERTY

LIBERTY_LOGO_3.png
The ispiration for the team was the historic flag of the city of Dubrovnik and the city moto "Libertas" which is latin for Liberty.
I wanted to do a waving flag but I don't have the skills to do it.
The stripes on the uniforms are taken from the city crest.

LIBERTY_LOGO_CONCEPT.png

HELMET_CONCEPT_LIBERTY.png

LIBERTY_HOME_KIT1.png

LIBERTY_AWAY_KIT1.png

LIBERTY_FIELD_CONCEPT.png

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sinj ALKARS

SINJ_LOGO_3.png

The Alka of Sinj (croatian Sinjska Alka) is a chivalric tournament that takes place annually, as it has since 1717, in the town of Sinj, in the Cetinska krajina region. During the contest, knights ride horses at full gallop along a main street, aiming lances at an iron ring hanging on a rope.
If you want to know more about the Alka of Sinj, follow these links:

SINJ_LOGO_CONCEPT.png

HELMET_CONCEPT_SINJ.png

SINJ_HOME_KIT1.png

For the away uniforms I wanted to mimic the traditional outfit of Centinska krajina region.

The same outfit is worn by the "arambaša". Every Alkar in the tournament has his own arambaša who helps him during the tournament.

Harambasa.gif
SINJ_AWAY_KIT1.png

SINJ_FIELD_CONCEPT.png

I'm not big on the words being split up like that in the logo. But you did one thing very well.... the Liberty look very European. Something very hard to do in Football.

Thank you so much. :)

Aaaaaah ok...

Dubrovnik: I like the wordmark, don't know about the logo...jerseys are bland

Alkars: Love the identety...again jerseys are too bland. Try brow pants on the away kit.

Try adding traditional stripes from NFL on the jerseys. Look at Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Chicago, New York for inspiration...simple goes a long way.

Aaaaaah ok...

Dubrovnik: I like the wordmark, don't know about the logo...jerseys are bland

Alkars: Love the identety...again jerseys are too bland. Try brow pants on the away kit.

Try adding traditional stripes from NFL on the jerseys. Look at Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Chicago, New York for inspiration...simple goes a long way.

Thanks for the feedback. :)

The Liberty flag was suppose to be waving (Buccaneers style), that was the inital idea, but since I don't have the skills to pull it off I left it flat.

The Alkars away is intentional with black pants, I think it really resembles the arambaša.

As for the uniforms, well, I know they are bland, I will try to put some striping somewhere, somehow.

I love that color scheme for the Alkars home, is there a reason for the useage of black out of nowhere? Im not familiar with Croatia in anyway, so I have no clue why you would use an outside color like that.

Good work with both though, this has been one of my favorite threads.

I love that color scheme for the Alkars home, is there a reason for the useage of black out of nowhere? Im not familiar with Croatia in anyway, so I have no clue why you would use an outside color like that.

Good work with both though, this has been one of my favorite threads.

Thank you. Actually, there is a reason, for the away uniforms I wanted to mimic the traditional outfit of Cetinska krajina region.The same outfit is worn by the "arambaša". Every Alkar in the tournament has his own arambaša who helps him during the tournament.

Harambasa.gif

Đakovo STALLIONS

AKOVO_LOGO_W_WORD.png

The inspiration for this team was The State Stud Farm in Đakovo which was founded in 1506 and is one of the oldest horse farms in Europe.

The most famous breed are The Đakovo Lipizzans.

If you want to know more about The Stud Farm in Đakovo follow this link:

Obviously, the inspiration for the logo came from the Denver Broncos.

I think it goes very well with the general idea of the team so I took their logo and recolored it.

AKOVO_LOGO_CONCEPT.png

HELMET_CONCEPT_AKOVO.png

AKOVO_HOME_KIT1.png

AKOVO_AWAY_KIT1.png

AKOVO_FIELD_CONCEPT.png

I know, I know, you're gonna say that the uniforms are bland and boring, but I don't care. :)

I think they are simple and elegant, just like the Lipizzan horses and I love that about them. :)

Šibenik SHARKS

IBENIK_WM.png
The inspiration for the name came from many shark sightings around Šibenik over the years.
The colors are the unofficial colors of the city of Šibenik.
The shark on the logo wears a traditional Šibenik hat.
The design on the hat and on the uniforms is a unique Šibenik design and is called "bovuli".

IBENIK_LOGO_CONCEPT.png

HELMET_CONCEPT_IBENIK.png

IBENIK_HOME_KIT.png

IBENIK_AWAY_KIT.png

IBENIK_FIELD_CONCEPT.png
Since we are half way through the series next up will be the All Star Game with concepts for Adriatic and Continental conferences.

• 1 month later...

Split HAJDUK

HAJDUK_LOGO_W_WORD.png

Hajduk Split is my favorite soccer club and along with Dinamo Zagreb the most popular soccer club in Croatia.

They were founded in 1911.

Hajduk is like a religion in Split, I would compare it with Napoli, it's the same kind of passion.

The idea for the concept was what if the soccer club Hajduk Split had an american football team, kinda like Barcelona has with soccer, basketball and handball teams.

The inspiartion for the uniforms are this years uniforms which are very plain.

m1659-182563300.JPG

Interesting story behind the Hajduk uniforms, the white shirt with blue shorts and socks symbolizes a white sail on blue sea.

From this also comes the nickname "bili" which means "the whites".

The primary logo is the actual logo of the soccer club Hajduk and the secondary logo which is a small letter "h" is in the logo of the supporters group and is often used in banners, illustrations etc. made by the supporters group.

tmp_20101112024513_0.jpg

HAJDUK_LOGO_CONCEPT.png

HELMET_CONCEPT_HAJDUK.png
Torcida is the name of the supporters group and they were founded in 1950 so that's why the player name and number.

HAJDUK_HOME_KIT1.png

HAJDUK_AWAY_KIT1.png

HAJDUK_FIELD_CONCEPT.png

Osijek CANNONS

OSIJEK_LOGO_W_WORD.png

Osijek CANNONS were founded in 2009.

The colors in this concept are the same they are using.

The secondary logo in this concept is very similar to their primary logo.

OSIJEK_LOGO_CONCEPT.png

HELMET_CONCEPT_OSIJEK.png
OSIJEK_HOME_KIT1.png
OSIJEK_AWAY_KIT1.png
OSIJEK_FIELD_CONCEPT.png

Velika Gorica BUFFALOES

V_GORICA_LOGO_W_WORD.png

Velika Gorica BUFFALOES were founded in 2009.
For this concept I have chosen the colors from the city crest which are also the colors used by the soccer club of Velika Gorica from which I took the inspiration for the uniforms.
The primary logo is the repainted logo of the Buffalo Bills.

V_GORICA_LOGO_CONCEPT.png
HELMET_CONCEPT_BUFFALOES.png

V_GORICA_HOME_KIT1.png

V_GORICA_AWAY_KIT1.png

V_GORICA_FIELD_CONCEPT.png

• 2 months later...

Hey guys!

Sorry for not posting any concepts in a long time but here we go.

I started doing Zagreb Dinamo. The idea was similar to Split Hajduk, a soccer club having an american football team but then I got inspired by the Dinamo Zagreb soccer club fans called the "Bad Blue Boys".

Since their logo features a bulldog I decided to rename the team to Zagreb BULLDOGS.

Zagreb BULLDOGS

DINAMO_WORDLOGO.png
The inspiration for the team came from the Dinamo Zagreb soccer club fans called the Bad Blue Boys who were founded in 1986.
This is the logo they are using:
navijacka_majica_bad_blue_boys_bulldog_m

DINAMO_LOGO_CONCEPT.png

HELMET_CONCEPT_DINAMO.png

DINAMO_HOME_KIT1.png

DINAMO_AWAY_KIT1.png

DINAMO_FIELD_CONCEPT.png

Archived