Croatian League of American Football - CLAF (Koprivnica ROOSTERS added 19/20)

dado

Hello everyone. :)
My name is Danijel and I'm from Croatia.
First of all, I would like to apologize for any grammar mistakes, English is not my native languange so bare with me. :)
Today I will be starting my fictional Croatian League of American Football - CLAF.
The league will feature 20 teams divided into 2 conferences (Adriatic and Continental).
American Football is not very popular in Croatia but there are a handfull of teams to choose from.
I feel that the sport is growing, especially in the last 5 - 6 years.
That being said, my league will feature both real and fictional teams. I will point out which are real by the letter R next to their team name in the teams list.
So, lets get to work.
First, the logo of the Croatian League of American Football.

Bez_naslova_2.png

Team list

A_LOGO.png C_LOGO.png

Adriatic Conference Continental Conference

Dubrovnik LIBERTY Bjelovar GREENHORNS - R

Gospić SILVERWOLVES Đakovo STALLIONS

Krk ISLANDERS Koprivnica ROOSTERS

Pula GLADIATORS Osijek CANNONS - R

Rijeka ARMADA Požega JAILBIRDS

Sinj ALKARS Velika Gorica BUFFALOES - R

Split HAJDUK Zagreb BULLDOGS

Split SEAWOLVES - R Zagreb PATRIOTS - R

Šibenik SHARKS Zagreb THUNDER - R

Zadar CRUSADERS Zaprešić SAINTS - R

CAFL_TEAMS_1.png
CLAF_TIMOVI.png

You are welcome to comment, criticize and give suggestions.

PS If there are any Croats on the forum I would like to hear your thoughts. :D

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3 teams in Zagreb and only one in Dubrovnik? I'd move one of the Zagreb teams to Dubrovnik. Also, any chance of a Plitvice Lakes team? No, I'm not Croatian, if you're wondering.

Like, say... Dubrovnik Dinamo? Or Dinamo Dubrovnik sounds better.

3 teams in Zagreb and only one in Dubrovnik? I'd move one of the Zagreb teams to Dubrovnik. Also, any chance of a Plitvice Lakes team? No, I'm not Croatian, if you're wondering.

Most of the american football teams in Croatia are from Zagreb and Dinamo Zagreb and Hajduk Split are the 2 most popular soccer teams in Croatia so I wanted to incorporate them into this concept.

Dubrovnik Liberty is an appropriate name, I will explain when I present the team.

Since you know Dubrovnik and Plitvice Lakes I asume you visited Croatia? I hope you had a good time.:)

Thank you for your feedback, who knows, maybe we will see a special apperance by Plitvica Lakes in the future.:)

Most of the american football teams in Croatia are from Zagreb and Dinamo Zagreb and Hajduk Split are the 2 most popular soccer teams in Croatia so I wanted to incorporate them into this concept.

Dubrovnik Liberty is an appropriate name, I will explain when I present the team.

Since you know Dubrovnik and Plitvice Lakes I asume you visited Croatia? I hope you had a good time. :)

Thank you for your feedback, who knows, maybe we will see a special apperance by Plitvica Lakes in the future. :)

I have not visited yet, we planned to go last summer but we couldn't. We will be going this summer. :)

Bjelovar GREENHORNS

greenhorns_3.png

The Bjelovar GREENHORNS were founded in 2008.

Their colours are green and yellow, but for this concept I went with the green and white.

BJELOVAR_LOGO_CONCEPT.png

BJELOVAR_HOME_KIT1.png

BJELOVAR_AWAY_KIT1.png

BJELOVAR_FIELD_CONCEPT.png

Great start. I'm looking forward to the rest of this. I always find it interesting to see a unique perspective on American football.

As far as the concept, I like the logo. I don't care for the font used in the wordmark or the gradient.

gYH2mW9.png

Bjelovar GREENHORNS

greenhorns_3.png

The Bjelovar GREENHORNS were founded in 2008.
Their colours are green and yellow, but for this concept I went with the green and white.

BJELOVAR_LOGO_CONCEPT.png

BJELOVAR_HOME_KIT1.png

BJELOVAR_AWAY_KIT1.png

BJELOVAR_FIELD_CONCEPT.png

I love the logo, but that wordmark is really cartoonish. Looking forward to this project, I love seeing international leagues on the concepts board, whether they're real or fictional.

Do you play american football for a team in Croatia?

No, I don't. In fact, I have never seen a game of American Football in person, just on TV and internet. I just like looking at other people's concepts and I thought it would be fun to try and make one myself.

Thank you for the feedback, I will definitely change the font on the wordmark.

In the meantime, just for comparison:

LOGO_COMPARISON.png
EDIT: I think I'm nearly there. What do you think?
FONT_SOLUTION.png

Archived