NextFL - London Monarchs preview

Guest darkpiranha

Guest darkpiranha

The NextFL is coming soon! Here's a preview of the 2021 version of the Jacksonville Jaguars, after they've moved to London. Lots of changes in store for the NEXT version of the NFL, the NextFL. C&C welcome, but my next update won't be for a few weeks (I'm just posting this now so I don't let this series totally fall on the backburner)

LondonMonarchsLogo_zps5a982f70.jpg

The NextFL is coming soon! Here's a preview of the 2021 version of the Jacksonville Jaguars, after they've moved to London. Lots of changes in store for the NEXT version of the NFL, the NextFL. C&C welcome, but my next update won't be for a few weeks (I'm just posting this now so I don't let this series totally fall on the backburner)

I was thinking of entering my own Madden NFL "London Monarchs" logo.

Great minds think alike. good concept

Other thing: looks like you took the current jaguars logo, an old monarchs logo, and some lion frame, put a british flag itn it, and then published it. Did you?

This isn't bad, I just wanted to know

tinysig.jpg

Other thing: looks like you took the current jaguars logo, an old monarchs logo, and some lion frame, put a british flag itn it, and then published it. Did you?

the mane does look flat IMO

Guest darkpiranha

the mane does look flat IMO

Yes. That's the current Jaguars logo modified. The backstory (which will be revealed when the whole series is ready to go) is that sometime over the next few years, the Jaguars ownership splits in two, with Khan taking his half to London and rebranding the team as the Monarchs, while the other half of the ownership team moves it to Mexico City and keeps the Jaguars name, but gives the whole team a style makeover. So the intent was to use the existing Jags logo and turn it into a lion and bring in the flag.

As to the flatness of the flag, I attempted several times to make the flag look more like it was the mane that color, but with terrible results. I'm still working on a solution, but even though it's a bit flat, I kinda don't mind how this looks. A solution somewhere in the middle, I'm hoping.

As a disclaimer for my series, though, I will be more focused on the "story" of the league and each team (and how they change, if so), rather than the "realistic" feasibility of if such a change could happen that way. So for the Monarchs, regardless of how impossible it would be that such a scenario as this would occur, in my world, it already happened. So, feedback I'm looking for is how I can make this a better version of this logo, and not whether or not I should have ever mixed the Monarchs and Jags together. Good feedback so far, though.

(due diligence for logo inspiration)

Inspiration goes to Fraser Davidson for the idea of the flag-mane. http://www.noupe.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Monarchs.png

The fact that his is also the Monarchs is a coincidence (and not me outright just stealing his idea of naming a London team the Monarchs and using a lion), as I've been a London Monarchs fan ever since the WLAF was announced and it's always been my go-to European expansion team. At first, this was going to just be the Jaguars logo with a lion mane and the old Monarchs logo as the crown, but after looking through all the old Monarchs logos, both real and concept, I became intrigued by how I might incorporate Fraser's flag-mane into the mane in the style of the Jags logo while at the same time attempting to NOT copy what Fraser had done. After finding this lion/flag logo http://www.derekmansfield.co.uk/assets/Uploads/lion-banner.jpg I decided to attempt to meld the two ideas together into the monstrosity you see today.

Archived