Great Lakes:

Quebec

Michigan

York Region Rams

Eastern:

New York

Pennsylvania

Massachusetts

The first step will be choosing the team names, for example: A team located in Nevada could be named the Vegas Chargers, Nevada Sting, or Carson Hawks.

The second step will be designing the teams identity, as in team colours, logos and jerseys.

The teams identity will be revealed shortly after the name is decided, depending on how difficult the logo is to design.

The point of this is to get your input on the teams development, and have you guys involved as much as you would like to be. In the case that nobody really participates I'm more than capable of continuing through the designs by myself (granted there is any interest)

I used the Iowa Wild as an example of how I'm going to display the graphic's of the teams identity to give you guys an idea of what's to come. I also went ahead and entirely completed one team (NW Territories) to further show you guys what I'm going for. I'll post that shortly after.

igyava.jpg

jg4p4x.jpg

In the mean-time I say we start naming the Illinois based team! My idea is to have the team based in Springfield rather than Chicago... what do you guys think I should do?

xOwzChW.jpg

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Eastern should be changed to Great Lakes and South Eastern to Eastern, because Michigan is out more West than any of the SE cities. Although I'm really excited for this concept to get started!

That's what- She

I think Eastern should be changed to Great Lakes and South Eastern to Eastern, because Michigan is out more West than any of the SE cities. Although I'm really excited for this concept to get started!

I wasn't too happy with what I had named the divisions either... Thanks for that suggestion, it cleans it up a lot.

xOwzChW.jpg

North Wolves

Playing out of Yellowknife, Northwest Territories.

This is a logo a made not too long ago, salvaged it and used it to kick off this thread! Pretty straight forward, a wolf. I wanted to pay homage to Yellowknife by adding the yellow into the palette (à la the Ducks and Orange County). The alternate logo has both an "N" and a "W".

2v94xw3.jpg

5oh36a.jpg

I will also be posting up some jerseys of the past (over time) so you guys can see what they "evolved" from. Thought that would be a fun addition. I will also add links on the first post to organize everything once necessary.

xOwzChW.jpg

So no criticism on the Wolves identity. I know it's not flawless so I'd appreciate some feedback on where you guys can think I can improve.

Based on your voting I've made the Illinois team play out of Chicago, naming them the Chicago Lincolns. Keep in mind I will be creating faux-histories to match the team name and uniforms with time. Here's what I have for the logo so far C&C needed.

2popf9l.jpg

The intention is to put the top right logo on the chest, and bottom right logo on the shoulders. The primary mark wouldn't actually be used on the jerseys.

xOwzChW.jpg

This is cool! I like how you are going to post an evolution as well, I've always wondered about that. Also since Yellowknife is small, it would be cool if you did only smaller cities. Chicago, Detroit, Toronto etc concepts get burned to the ground. I picked Peoria, good hockey history and gives you more space to be original. Just a thought.

If we are suggesting cities:

Chilliwack, BC

Red Deer, AB

Duluth, MN

Flin Flon, MB lol or Brandon

Peoria, IL

Ann Arbor, MI

Newmarket, ON (since they didn't get a team in your OHL haha)

Sherbrooke, QB

Syracuse, NY

Lehigh Valley, PA

Lowell, MA

Are you gonna work on the wolf a bit more? Maybe make it more agressive and less realistic. The eyes would be a start, less hair details and more shading instead. I know mine arent that great but just trying to help :P

Awww dang, 1 min too slow!!

This is cool! I like how you are going to post an evolution as well, I've always wondered about that. Also since Yellowknife is small, it would be cool if you did only smaller cities. Chicago, Detroit, Toronto etc concepts get burned to the ground. I picked Peoria, good hockey history and gives you more space to be original. Just a thought.

If we are suggesting cities:

Chilliwack, BC

Red Deer, AB

Duluth, MN

Peoria, IL

Ann Arbor, MI

Newmarket, ON (since they didn't get a team in your OHL haha)

Sherbrooke, QB

Syracuse, NY

Lehigh Valley, PA

Lowell, MA

Are you gonna work on the wolf a bit more? Maybe make it more agressive and less realistic. The eyes would be a start, less hair details and more shading instead. I know mine arent that great but just trying to help :P

Awww dang, 1 min too slow!!

I'm definitely going to go back and fix concepts at any time if I feel the need. I'll work on the wolf right now, kind of hard to see the flaws in my own design so it's good you pointed them out. Like I said, I appreciate the feedback and in no way am I offended.

As for the cities, my intention was to do all smaller cities since it is a bit more interesting to see their concepts- so hopefully more people agree with that!

xOwzChW.jpg

The greys used for Lincoln are too close. Just end up looking like a blob in the middle. Also, just one of my pet peeves: when putting text into roundels, use the tool for typing text on a curve, rather than warping text. It looks much more professional. I can give you a quick heads up on how to do this in Photoshop, if that's what you're using, just PM me.

definite improvement on both! I would stretch out the LINCOLNS part to match the size of the CHICAGO part. The Wolf is coming along well! Maybe too many teeth still? It's hard to explain. You can use a few black lines to emphasize the harsher facial detail in the forehead and eye and maybe one on the scruff? But the shading so far has improved the logo a lot!

A lot better now! I must say the generation of jerseys is really awesome! I think I've seen only one other guy do it for NHL teams but this is really interesting.

PLEASE GOD YES

Archived