Would this be a good fantasy football idea?

DCarp1231

My friends and I are starting a dynasty league. It has 8 teams for its inaugural season and it's possible we could add more as the years go by... anyway we've had a discussion regarding rosters. I came up with the idea that there could be a "practice squad". This "practice squad" will be comprised of 4-5 college players *Juniors and Seniors only* that way we have a semi lock on potential NFL prospects. A separate draft will be held for this. We could move them willingly from team to team before the following season when they become NFL players. Would this be a good enough idea to work?

We basically give the owners an option to release the college player,trade the player for a low round draft pick, or keep them. These players are essentially one year keepers unless the owner decides to trade or release. We cannot keep the players on the practice squad for more than one year. If a college player we have drafted decides to stay in college the following season, the player is then voided from the roster and "sent back to college" for another year. If the team decides to keep that player, the team will have a waiver penalty for 1 game (League Vote) or surrender draft pick to be auctioned off.

You can bump all you want, but the fact will remain that the large majority of us don't give a s#it about your fantasy league.

alright numb nuts I just wanted to see if it was a good idea...

Give it a shot and find out. It's not like it's going to cause a major catastrophe if it doesn't.

FWIW, my dynasty league once instituted a "rookie round" at the end of the draft, where each team had to draft a rookie. It turned out to be a flop, because like an above poster said, not all rookies get significant playing time. Most rookies drafted in the "rookie round" were dropped before the season or in early weeks to make room for a player that would actually contribute. Maybe it would've been different if there was an extra roster spot that was reserved solely for a rookie, but even then, not many would've actually made it into a fantasy starting lineup.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

If you need gimmicks to make fantasy sports interesting, perhaps you should give fantasy sports a break. Addict.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

You can bump all you want, but the fact will remain that the large majority of us don't give a s#it about your fantasy league.

alright numb nuts I just wanted to see if it was a good idea...

Give it a shot and find out. It's not like it's going to cause a major catastrophe if it doesn't.

FWIW, my dynasty league once instituted a "rookie round" at the end of the draft, where each team had to draft a rookie. It turned out to be a flop, because like an above poster said, not all rookies get significant playing time. Most rookies drafted in the "rookie round" were dropped before the season or in early weeks to make room for a player that would actually contribute. Maybe it would've been different if there was an extra roster spot that was reserved solely for a rookie, but even then, not many would've actually made it into a fantasy starting lineup.

Maybe I could incorporate the one roster spot for the rookie after he spends a year on the "practice squad". This is where some strategy (and luck) come into play deciding what eventual rookie you want to stay.

Archived