GotPixels - Cleveland Browns 2015 - Project Wrap - *Throwback with a twist*

GotPixels

GotPixels Cleveland Browns 2015 Project  

47 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last tweak to the dog.

The presentation to this point has been a scatter shoot of looks and ideas to see what looks good, etc. Now that I feel good about the primary, I will be in serious presentation mode to finish out this project in the coming days.

Thanks again.

13229447313_ff7b1943b9_o.png

Old Dog Learning New Tricks.

Yeah, you've really done a great job with these. I'd personally like to see the logoless helmet stay, with a brown home and orange pants. No patch on the jersey is best in my opinion, add it to the pants if you'd like. Great job, though.

Nice job on giving the Browns an actual identity. The bulldog looks great and I like the use of the B logo as the tag on the collar. As far as where to put the logo? I'd say on the front of the pants or on the stripe. It just looks odd as a patch on the chest. At the end of it all, this is a nice updated look that doesn't mess with history (no logo on the helmet) but pushes the franchise forward aesthetically. If only it were real.

Thus far I have explored the use of Double Orange with the secondary orange being "Vols orange." I like the look and I think it could work, but the looks that I came up with are to predictable. All along I always had a "plan b" that I thought would be unique. A palette not used by any team if you will.

So here goes.

13244555963_200a7e9e6d_o.png
13244557213_1dd9667c0a_o.png

Old Dog Learning New Tricks.

I'm not sure which one I like better, GP. They're both equally great, but no clear favorite. I guess that's a good thing though, right?

Sadly, we all know the redesign will look nothing like these. In fact, they'll be the complete opposite, probably. We'll get some crap design that the Nike design team or the Browns' Marketing/Design team whipped up in 5 minutes. When you think about it, that goes for other teams as well. We've all seen great Miami Dolphins concepts pre-Nike that have a great rendering of the dolphin-in-helmet logo and featured much more orange. Instead, we get a helmet-less dolphin with more navy - which we actually need less of - and much less orange. Same situation can go for the Bucs, Jags, and 'Hawks (though Seattle looks pretty good IMO), yet we get something that no one is expecting and majority of us hate it.

Sorry for kinda getting off topic, GP. It just grinds my gears that we have so much talent on these boards who produce outstanding work, yet seem to always get overlooked. I don't recall anyone from these boards that are apart of the design process in any of the 4 major sporting leagues (NBA/NHL/MLB/NFL). This is another example where great work is being overlooked for generic crap; Crap that supposedly takes a year and a half and hundreds of thousands of dollars to design, compared to outstanding work that only takes a few good hours of thinking (sometimes even longer depending on the project) and the cost of design software like Adobe products.

Again, I'm sorry for getting off topic. This should be sent to Cleveland ASAP before they get too far into designing something worse than they already have.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Archived