Defunct NHL Redesign Thread

Logos 'n Such

Up next in the series is the Cleveland Barons:

DFKcEee.png

I am a little confused on the Atlanta Flames logo on the neck of the Thrashers jersey. Other than that both look great!

The A represents the Atlanta Flames, the city's first NHL team. The left for Calgary in the 1980's, and they had a great logo, IMHO.

Atlanta: The name and number on the back are too dark to contrast with the blue jersey. I'd either go with the lightest yellow or keep the same colour and add a white outline. I do dig the striping, though

Hartford: The jersey pattern just feels like a click-and-fill template. Not a fan of the Flyers-style contrasting nameplate and *really* not a fan of how the back number is treated.

Cleveland: Not a fan of just using the state outline as the logo on the front. It feels like it should have something else in there, like the Old English B. Would like to see some black along the hem stripe for consistency. Would also like to see the sleeve stripe moved up closer to the elbow. I always feel like striping like that near the cuff is going to get cut off too much by players' gloves to really be effective.

You just created concepts for multiple teams that have multiple colors, yet you used no trim on the names nor numbers. Looks weird like that. Add some trim.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Archived