Uniforms that made you a fan of the team

Like someone else mentioned, it was the Padres for me. I got on board in '83 when I was 13. My Mom has been a long-suffering Pirates fan, and Dad is a Dodgers fan. I watched both of those teams throughout the late 70's because they were both usually very good, and were in the post-season a lot.

Anyway, I felt like I liked those teams, but I needed my own team. Got introduced to the Padres, and although I loved Tony Gwynn and Garvey, Nettles, Gossage, Carmelo Martinez, Benito Santiago, etc. it was the colors and uniforms that got my attention. Brown, gold and orange just seemed so fitting :)

Long story short, it has not been the same for me since they went to blue. I try to watch them these days, and I just feel like I could be watching anybody's team. I guess I could say that I follow them, but it's a love/hate relationship. Still love Tony Gwynn, though :)

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even though I wasn't around for much of their existence, I became intrigued about the Montreal Expos and their history after watching some old baseball highlights. Flash forward to a couple of years later and I now own an Expos cap and root for their return.

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

1998-falcons-dolphins.jpg

The ATL Falcons: winning over fans based on their uniforms whether it be the Dirty Bird era or the 2003 redesign (c.f. my original post). This makes me wonder whether there are any other teams in this thread that have won different people over for different eras of their uniforms.

I absolutely love this uniform! My favorite one in the Falcons history!

Mine as well, as long as the roads have the red numbers and socks.

Those were absolute classics and just plain beautiful! though you can also argue that they helped to usher in the BFBS revolution in the 90's; kind of not a good thing when you think about it.

Archived