If Ontario was a Soccer powerhouse instead of Hockey.

1clkgtramg

Greetings.

I've had this idea in my head for a while and have a couple of concepts, but it just ends up being a Canadian/American superleague.
So the idea is basically a fantasy of what would Ontario be like if it was a Soccer powerhouse instead of Hockey? Ontario has a hockey team of some degree in every town. I'm not kidding either, weather it's Cochrane, Bancroft or a neighbourhood like East York in the heart of Toronto. There is hockey at every inch of this Province, so it would be interesting to see what it would be like in Soccer form - much like Great Britain.

I haven't fully worked out the different tiers yet, however, I will keep NASL and MLS teams in their respective leagues. OL1 (Ontario League 1) will be the top tier of Soccer in the province and then either 1 or 2 more leagues below that depending on how many towns/cities I can come up with.

This will be a progression thread, I don't have the whole thing done ready to post at even intervals. It will simply be posted when I finish one and move on from there.

So if anyone has any suggestions for locations, feel free to post. Links and explanations as to why you chose that location are always helpful too. Also you may suggest a current team, which I am already planning to include as many as possible.

Thanks.

BTW if anyone has a better title for this, let me know lol.

Do a tier 1 team in the Whitby/Oshawa/Brooklin area. Over 250,000 people there.

Does Oshawa, North Oshawa, Bowmanville (as Clarington FC) , Pickering, Ajax (as Durham United) and Whitby for Durham sound good? haha

:)

Archived