BGSU Football Unis Concept

Critical Thinker

I never really liked our football uniforms, but I see a lot of potential with them, so here's my idea with them. I could use some constructive criticism.

bgfootballuniformsredo_zps973fe302.png

I based the patterns off of one of the buildings on our campus, University Hall.

university-hall.jpg

My goal was to emphasis horizontal-ness, like many of the buildings on our campus. Most of our buildings have horizontal adornments, to fit in with the landscape (there are no natural hills on campus, and almost none within a 20 mile radius).

Also, we have our own unique font, but is not publically available, so I left the numbers in a plain font.

Any thoughts?

It's _____________ and Toledo still sucks.

[insert time here]

garbage

Seriously? Why is it garbage? What constructive thing could you say to aid in its improvement? What can you add to make us realize you have a brain and are capable of using it? Here, let me show you:

This design has potential but is inconsistent. I like the northwestern style striping, but I'd carry that theme throughout the uniform. That, or go more modern like the script logo. It looks a bit "thrown on" currently.

See, Phelpy, that wasn't so hard right?

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

The white pants need to have the same striping as the orange pants.

With that said, the two vertical stripes pattern is so common that it's a tough sell claiming that it's based off the campus architecture. Plus, columns aren't unique to a college campus.

I'd change the stripes on the sleeves. Those are big and really feel like they're from the 80s.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm looking for a better template, but haven't found a good one yet. I'll look into making the patterns more consistent. Also, that wordmark our official mark in our custom university font, so I don't see a point in changing it to something else.

[insert time here]

Thanks for the feedback. I'm looking for a better template, but haven't found a good one yet. I'll look into making the patterns more consistent. Also, that wordmark our official mark in our custom university font, so I don't see a point in changing it to something else.

The chest area is not a billboard. It's not meant to house official wordmarks such as that. Auburn has had "AUBURN" there for a few years now and it's not even the correct "official" wordmark. Just going with a basic font right there would work a whole lot better.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

All right, several changes.

1.) New template. Includes sleeves and different socks.

2.) Patterns more consistent throughout uniforms

3.) New font

4.) "Ay Ziggy Zoomba" replaces name on name plate

bguniformspresent1_zps3a7e2db5.png

[insert time here]

Archived