Question about custom shirts

Ok guys, i have a question.

This might be better in the requests forum, but i dont know.

I want to start selling shirts like this:

2lsics6.png

sw8yo6.png

with my helmet designs.

My first problem is that it is not my template. I just messaged @davidson about using it, so i will not use it without his permission first. I do not have any intention of stealing anything..

I got the idea for selling these on my instagram page @football_concepts , when a lot of people were asking me if they could buy my designs. So I am interested in selling custom iphone cases, and shirts with my designs on it. And i already have a bunch of people looking to order some things.

But along with the template problem, i am afraid of copyright infringement or some other lawsuit, etc. I realize i am using the school's logos, and these copyright laws restrict me from using them to make money.

So in the interest of this, i was just wondering if their is any way i could go about selling these shirts and iPhone cases without getting possibly sued?

Thank you all for any help you can give me, I'm just a kid trying to make some money from my work.

there is really no way round this, you will get sued if you don't have the copyright

ya that's what im thinking. Just trying to see if there was any possible way. I would try to get the copyright, but i don't know how to go along with that, and they probably wouldn't hand it to a single person like myself

there is really no way round this, you will get sued if you don't have the copyright

ya that's what im thinking. Just trying to see if there was any possible way. I would try to get the copyright, but i don't know how to go along with that, and they probably wouldn't hand it to a single person like myself

That and it would cost you a good bit of $$

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

That and it would cost you a good bit of $$

also very true haha

If you really "do not have any intention of stealing anything", then you need to license the logos for sure, and possibly the slogans too.

There's one central company that handles these for NCAA schools, isn't there?

yes this is mostly what i want to find out.

Not owning any sort of business myself, i obviously don't have the funds to purchase a copyright for use of the logo. But I'm wondering how expensive that would be, because you see small local stores using team's logos all the time. Maybe the purchase them from a larger manufacturer, idk.

But i just want any information that anyone as really

If you really "do not have any intention of stealing anything", then you need to license the logos for sure, and possibly the slogans too.

There's one central company that handles these for NCAA schools, isn't there?

There are two.

IMG's CLC has the majority, while the License Resource Group has about 25%, Ohio State is one of a few schools which control their logos themselves.

so i just read a lot on the CLC's website and other sites about being a partner with the NCAA. I knew that wasn't a real possibility from the start really, but i figure there must be some other options. Like what if i could possibly sell designs to a company that did have a copyright? or for example, contact the Mizzou bookstore, and sell them a design?

once again, these are all far-fetched ideas, and sorry for taking your time. I'm just extremely interested in this

There's a guy i know on an A&M site that sells shirts, but he gets everything cleared by the school before he sells anything and there are certain logos that are exclusive to adidas.

Assuming you can get permission from the schools to even use their logos and trademarks, you will probably have a hard time getting them to approve an altered version of their property as they generally like to keep that standardized.

There's a guy i know on an A&M site that sells shirts, but he gets everything cleared by the school before he sells anything and there are certain logos that are exclusive to adidas.

Assuming you can get permission from the schools to even use their logos and trademarks, you will probably have a hard time getting them to approve an altered version of their property as they generally like to keep that standardized.

ok thats awesome stuff. And ya that's true. It would be pretty weird for a school to authorize a shirt with a "fake" helmet on there

Auburn has an entire section of their website dedicated to trademarks and such. Not sure if any of the info would help you out here, but here it is.

http://www.auburn.edu/administration/trademark/index.html

thanks! ill check that out

so i just read a lot on the CLC's website and other sites about being a partner with the NCAA. I knew that wasn't a real possibility from the start really, but i figure there must be some other options. Like what if i could possibly sell designs to a company that did have a copyright? or for example, contact the Mizzou bookstore, and sell them a design?

once again, these are all far-fetched ideas, and sorry for taking your time. I'm just extremely interested in this

You want to sell Alabama bootleg items? You are not "custom", you are bootleg.

You have not seen this from November 2013.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2013/11/university_of_alabama_aggressi.html

And that is why he's doing his homework first to avoid any trouble.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

:lol: i never saw that lol, but i did read that the founder of the CLC was a former player at Bama.

But as @Clintau24 said, I'm not trying to bootleg anything. That's the whole reason behind this thread. If i wasn't worried about being prosecuted, i would have already made and sold these things

:lol: i never saw that lol, but i did read that the founder of the CLC was a former player at Bama, so that's funny

And Licensing Resource Group was co-founded by a NC State grad.

What's your point?

:lol: i never saw that lol, but i did read that the founder of the CLC was a former player at Bama, so that's funny

And Licensing Resource Group was co-founded by a NC State grad.

What's your point?

the point is: the founder of the organization that is stopping that woman from selling $1.75 cookies with a symbol of school pride on them is a man who attended and played for that University. I understand the right of property to it, but it's a bit ironic

Archived