My Arizona Cardinals Concept

Clintau24

Well, since recreating the Cardinals has been a hot topic on the boards lately, I thought I'd try my hand at it. Now, I'll never claim to be very creative or talented with PhotoShop, so bear with me with these please. I've looked at most of the recent concepts, and none of them just felt right for me. I've seen some crazy ones and some basic ones. Something hit me a few days ago and reminded me about the state flag patch they used to wear, and I thought it would be cool to incorporate that into the design similar to how the Arizona Wildcats have (albeit failed at it). My idea was to use the top part, sun-flare portion of the state flag on the shoulders, similar to Oregon's duck wings. I thought about changing the yellow portion to black or white to fit the rest of the color scheme, but I thought keeping the yellow would tie in to the yellow beak on the logo.

I've yet to see a good helmet concept for the Cards, and I know a few of the members on here love the grey facemask, so I kept it all about the same. I feel like the helmet is a good one, but slightly bland, so I put a red stripe down the middle. I also made the logo a bit larger, so the end tail end of the head would wrap around the back.

The pants are where I struggled. Being an Auburn fan and a self-proclaimed traditionalist, I think every team should wear stripes, specifically Northwestern stripes like my Tigers! But I know that is falling from common practices on the field now. I thought about just going with two single red stripes, but it looked too much like Alabama (can't do that!), Nebraska, and Wisconsin. So I went with a black stripe between those two and I think it came out pretty well.

Cardsconcept_zpsc8b2421f.jpg

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

As a Cards fan (I say this to much) I don't like it at the moment but it has potential. I would make the sunburst on the shoulders subliminated as yellow is on our logo and not part of our color palette. Also take the stripe off the helmet and get rid of the black sleeves, its to Atlanta-like. Finally if you're going to have that pants stripe incorporate it in the rest of the unis. I can see where you're going, it just needs some cleaning up. Also the font doesn't match our wordmark at all

ok this isn't that great. its really sloppy. clean up the red a little and get rid of the sleeve stripes. i understand you did that for the flag but it didn't work. also please don't talk bad about my work is yours isn't much better

Granted it's not perfect, but his work is astronomically better than yours

ok this isn't that great. its really sloppy. clean up the red a little and get rid of the sleeve stripes. i understand you did that for the flag but it didn't work. also please don't talk bad about my work is yours isn't much better

not much his is sloppy where balck lines are supposed to be its white and not clean

not much his is sloppy where balck lines are supposed to be its white and not clean

compared to this? 7IRJNhs.png At least his was creative

compared to this? 7IRJNhs.png At least his was creative

im not trying to argue here. but i literally just started doing these. and idont even have photoshop i use apps so I'm at more of a disadvantage than him

I will be the first to tell you that I'm not a creative person. You should see some of my first concepts I've ever made, not very good. That's why I don't post much. I feel like I'm better at saying what works and what doesn't than saying I can completely redesign an organization. I just am not creative enough to do so.

Also, for you guys mentioning the many shades of red, the pink-ish shade is my poor attempt at making the mesh areas lighter in color, like many people do on this site. It's the same red as the rest of the top, but at 80% opacity. The red used is straight from the current uniforms. The logo was a bit darker, so I found a make-up of the uniforms and used that. The stripes on the shoulder are a direct placement of the flag. I didn't change those red stripes, although I probably should have matched them up.

As for the number font, I just searched "Arizona Cardinals Font" and that was the first that came up. Should've double checked, that's my fault.

And I've never been big on shoulder caps like I have in black, but I wasn't sure how else to, well, cap the sunbursts off.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

I will be the first to tell you that I'm not a creative person. You should see some of my first concepts I've ever made, not very good. That's why I don't post much. I feel like I'm better at saying what works and what doesn't than saying I can completely redesign an organization. I just am not creative enough to do so.

Also, for you guys mentioning the many shades of red, the pink-ish shade is my poor attempt at making the mesh areas lighter in color, like many people do on this site. It's the same red as the rest of the top, but at 80% opacity. The red used is straight from the current uniforms. The logo was a bit darker, so I found a make-up of the uniforms and used that. The stripes on the shoulder are a direct placement of the flag. I didn't change those red stripes, although I probably should have matched them up.

As for the number font, I just searched "Arizona Cardinals Font" and that was the first that came up. Should've double checked, that's my fault.

And I've never been big on shoulder caps like I have in black, but I wasn't sure how else to, well, cap the sunbursts off.

for the mesh areas try to make them darker, i think thats how it looks on a real jersey. The font i believe is fine but maybe try to be more creative with it so it makes the jersey more intriguing?

Archived