Questions concerning MLB socks

txhockeyfan

Do the Cardinals still wear striped stirrup socks? I could not find any archived wire photos of Cardinals players wearing their pants pulled up enough to see the socks, and the online MLB style guide no longer shows the colors of the teams' socks.

Didn't the Braves wear stripes for a season or two a few years back?

I presume that the Phillies still have the Liberty Bell logo on their socks, since the graphic is included in the style guide. Does anyone know when the Twins dropped the "M" logo on their stirrup socks?

Thanks in advance.

rick "wild thing" ankiel wore them too. As does jason. I think it looks good with baggy pants, but the tight pants they wear today it looks rediculous. If a player wanted to wear high socks on the cardinals, could they wear just red socks?

And I never noticed those teams having logos on the socks. That's kinda cool. How big are they typically?

The Cardinals wear them, as do ALL of their minor league teams (Memphis Redbirds, Tennessee Smokies, etc.).

No, all players have to wear the exact same socks.

Yes, the Braves used to have stripes on their socks for a couple of seasons, but the players voted to remove them at the beginning of the 2001 season.

I think the D-Backs got rid of the A for the 2001 season. I know Buck Showalter was a stickler for having guys have the pants just high enought to see the A, but I think after he left they went to solid purple at home, black on the road. They made a few other changes that year (sleeveless vests on the road, changed "DiamondBacks" script on home jerseys to just the A logo).

dbacks.gif mariners.gif

Archived