Miami Victory FC - Logo Concept

Elece_CP

Purposely reminiscent of Miami Vice, I suppose... A star (or several) above the badge is often representative of having won a championship- that may have to wait.

Use the rules of heraldry for more effective sports logos! i.e. keep it simple, use good contrast...

It's great except I think it would be cleaner if the bottom left side of the "M" was lined up with the top left of it. Although I get the inspiration behind it and think it's an interesting idea. I could also see something filling in the empty left area.

Purposely reminiscent of Miami Vice, I suppose... A star (or several) above the badge is often representative of having won a championship- that may have to wait.

Not always my friend, the shell Peñarol of Uruguay for example, which has eleven stars, each star represents a starting eleven player team. In this case, the star itself is the city of Miami.

Not always my friend, the shell Peñarol of Uruguay for example, which has eleven stars, each star represents a starting eleven player team. In this case, the star itself is the city of Miami.

He did say "often".......

uh...... no.

Real helpful. It's little pricks like you who are bringing this board down.

As for the concept, I like the idea--very Miami. I have a few suggestions though. As a previous poster stated, "it would be cleaner if the bottom left side of the "M" was lined up with the top left of it." Also, I would have that edge where the neon color blocks start right in the center of the crest. I feel like that would help the balance. I like the neon stripes below the "V", but I'm not a fan of how they taper at the edges and that they're touching. I would separate them and make them an even thickness throughout, giving off a neon-sign vibe. Lastly, I agree that the star doesn't work. There may be exceptions to stars representing championships, but for the most part they should be left out unless they're incorporated into the crest, IMO.

Archived