Viking Hockey Logo

VitorioArts

It's a great start. I think confining the ship to a circle takes away from the nicely rendered ship, and the ship could protrude out of the circle to take up a larger percentage of the overall composition. I'm not so sure you need the candy mint-looking life preservers on the side of the ship. Another thought is the lighting on the hockey sticks doesn't give it a hockey stick feel since it looks like the type of highlighting you see on beveled letters. But other than that, this is really nice.

This is a fantastic start. But having read jaha's comment about the peppermint life preservers, that's all I see.

The ship being confined to the circle doesn't bother me at all, but I defer on that one.

Lastly, the spears at the top of the logo aren't working for me. They read too nautical (although, yes, I understand it's a Vikings logo and that is a ship). When I say nautical in this instance, I'm picturing sailing, an anchor and a length of rope. Maybe just go with the full hockey stick.

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

As the others have said, this is a great start. I think the bottom of the ship can be confined with the circle, but maybe not the sails. I'd recommend rotating the ship to where its straighter. Leave the circle overlapping at the bottom, but then have the sails going outside the top of the circle. May be harder to execute than explain. It would have to involve the sail not being too wide. But I do think you've got something here.

Archived