NFL Re-design drakexedge style (Vikings, Lions, & Jaguars added)

drakexedge

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Time to finish off the NFC North.

First up, the Minnesota Vikings. As I said previously, not much to change in my own personal opinion. They have a REALLY good looking set since the Nike redesign. I did however add the sleeve striping to the socks. That's about it for Minnesota.

min-home_zps584b7730.png

min-away_zps7f80886d.png

min-alt_zpsa48a2774.png

Finally, I present to you the new and improved Detroit Lions. Firstly, I eliminated black from the Lions' palette. Secondly, I darkened the shade of blue for a more fierce look, without going too dark as to completely change their identity. I also made the striping more consistent, and widened the helmet stripe. To close things out, Detroit gets a silver jersey/blue pants combo for their alternate.

det-home_zps8d7c1f23.png

det-away_zps4c4bf9d8.png

det-alt_zps24db61ab.png

Next up is the AFC South, starting with the Jacksonville Jaguars.

So to kick off the AFC South, here are the Jacksonville Jaguars. If I were Nike, this is what I would have debuted for the Jags. Alas, I am not, but I hope you guys enjoy it none the less.

- Teal becomes home color.

- Chest patch moves to both sleeves.

- Two-tone helmet discarded for solid "matte" teal.

- Sublimated spots on the shoulders replace the "claw marks" that Nike came up with.

jax-home_zps0bd9a86b.png

jax-away_zpsc9a3b217.png

jax-alt_zpsc1250d19.png

The outline on detroits helmet is huge. A triple outline isn't needed, just one white outline is all that's needed.

Are you referring to the logo?

Yes the logo, also the darker blue makes them look too much like the cowboys. Their normal Honolulu blue is better.

Ah, my bad. Didn't realize that extra stroke was there. Fixed. Lol

Also, Dallas' blue is much darker, and I will make sure the are able to be differentiated between one another. Trust me.

I don't like the sleeve stripes for Minnesota being on the socks.

For Jax, again, the jaguar print looks awful on uniforms. No one else does that, and there's a reason why. The teal helmet isn't terrible, I just think anything other than a black lid is wrong. Not sure what it is, but the gold and teal both look pretty washed out. Both are rather sharp colors in person.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

I realize I am quite late to the party, but I think the problem with the Colts' sleeve stripes is that the breaks/blocks don't match the helmet and pant stripes. They are well proportioned on the helmet and pants, but on the shoulders they are too close together. Make them match, and it will really improve their look.

In my opinion, the gold shoulders on the Jaguars jerseys just don't work. You have three color blocks on these jerseys, and it just is too jarring. I don't think you need spots, but if you do, at least make the shoulders the same color as the jersey instead of having a gold block that doesn't match the rest of their uniform. (Also, jaguar spots are more like rings:

Standing_jaguar.jpg)

award%20sig.png

Colts w/ blue facemask: Looks great, it definitely gives the set the pop it needs.

Packers & Bears: Both look great.

Vikings: Not much changed, so I don't have much to say.

Jaguars: Jaguar print seems a bit overkill. I'd say see how it would look sublimed in the jersey, as opposed to what you have now.

• 4 weeks later...

To finish off my version of the AFC North, here are the Indianapolis Colts! Pretty much stayed true to tradition with these guys, with a little bit of a modification to the striping to make them look slick & fast as Indianapolis is known to be. Besides, a little bit of change is good now and then in moderation, right?

Also added some blue pants because let's face it, white on white gets pretty boring.

Let me know how you guys feel. Also, I'll be revisiting Cincinnatti to fix the abundance of stripes/some of the sublimation, so stay tuned for that!

Next up will be the NFC North...

ind-home_zps6a1f8b22.png

ind-away_zps224e2686.png

I like the idea of modernizing a little, but the stripe looks bad on the jersey( it looks fine on the pants and is unnecessary on the helmet.) and there too close together.the space between the stripes should be the same width of the stripe.Also the "two breaks for two superbowls" is a bad idea, especially judging how they have 5 Nfl championships.

I like the blue pants and blue facemask, should add the stripes to the socks like this [post=https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTaEW0D1sg5C1OQwPhyv20GhRcCim70pz16r3O7yRKqvWhwX3A9]

Archived