World Series Champions Patches

TheGiantsFan

Since the beginning of the season, I've been wondering if the Red Sox were going to wear a World Series Champions patch all season long. But according to the uniform tracker, they've only had that patch on their ring ceremony uniforms.

How come they're not wearing a patch like the Giants did in 2011 & 2013, and the Cardinals in 2012?

I'd also be curious to see what past World Series Champions patches look like, so feel free to post them here!

Here's a pic that I took that shows (although with not much detail) the Giants' 2012 World Series Champions patch:

1001117_411083415667789_875369625_n.jpg

Also, the Sox put the patch on their cap because the Uniform rules say only one patched sleeve and they have a sox logo on one and the Majestic logo on the other

jaker52sig.png

signatureofteams.jpg

MUNCHEN LOWEN (WAFA) GULF SHORES OSPREYS (IBL)

Also, the Sox put the patch on their cap because the Uniform rules say only one patched sleeve and they have a sox logo on one and the Majestic logo on the other

Not exactly. The opening day uniforms had a patch on the sleeves and on the cap. The Sox logo is only on the grey road uniform and no other jersey. As for why they're not wearing it all season, is because it looks amateurish, and signals "we've never been here before." It the Rays were to win a world series, for example, I would fully expect them to wear championship patches all season. But can you imagine if the Yankees wore a World Champions patch all season? It wouldn't look right. Frankly I'm surprised the Cardinals opted to wear the patch in 2012.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

Archived