72freebie's MJHL redesign

72freebie

The Manitoba junior hockey league is a junior A hockey league that consists of 11 teams from around Manitoba. It is a great league and games are great fun to watch. The jerseys in the MJHL are okay. Some are good and some are bad so I wanted to redesign every team. Some logos may be changed but the main focus is on changing the jerseys. I am currently also working on the NBA hockey jerseys on another thread so I will have 2 going at the same time. I have wanted to try this for a long time so lets get started

I am going to be starting with my hometown Virden Oil Capitals.

Here is the link to NBA hockey Jerseys http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/98562-nba-hockey-jerseys/

oilcaps_zps88ba240f.jpg

qG3b3mu.pngK0Kq4L6.pnglSDF7kP.png

Because this league is not very well known, I will be giving infromation about some things and will be showing the logo of the team and their current jerseys so here are the Oil Capitals

capstell_zpsc171a575.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tg4nfnGwHsU

Also here is the christmas video the Oil Capitals made this winter and it shows the home away and third jersey.

About the 3'rd jersey, I really dont like their current one. I hate the wordmark logo on the front so for my third jersey I made sort of a throwback jersey.

what I mean is that the Oil Capitals just became a MJHL team two years ago and until then, all hockey in virden was the Virden Oilers. For over 30 years Virden was known as the oilers so as a homage to the Oilers I made the Oilers logo and Originl jerseys with Oil Capitals Colours

OCN Blizzard

ocn_zps438b9986.jpg

OCN current uniform and logo

ocntell_zpsf93eb015.jpg

Now as you can see in the goalie picture, the Blizzard do have a new logo but the thing is that I cant find a good picture to use on concepts of it anywhere. the current set is also one of my favourite in the MJHL and is one of the better ones

Dauphin Kings

kings_zps7902523a.jpg

Dauphin current jerseys and logos

kingstell_zps49c8b589.jpg

The bottom jersey is the current third jersey and the current away jersey is red. also the logo used on the shoulders and 3'rd jersey for my concept is the logo that dauphin minor hockey uses but I think its a cool logo and I think the MJH team should use it in someway.

Good call on OCN. Your concept is much better than what they're wearing right now. Neepawa is looking good too.

I'm looking forward to seeing what you can do with Wayway and Portage.

Thanks for using my Nike template, too. Good to see that thing getting some use.

• 3 weeks later...

Oooooooooo that striping is not working horizontally or vertically. I'd rethink that whole idea to be completely honest. Maybe theres a chance it could look good as a whole sleeve design or side panelling it but I really cannot say I like that too much.

Both with the pointed ends and the round yoke it doesn't seem like this concept meshes well together. The alternate is pretty good but I'd rework the home and away and try a few new things out. Just my opinion though.

Archived