Cincinnati Stingers WIP

jeh-see

I started a project for @sohiosportsfreak for his fantasy hockey team here on our boards about two months ago. I have the primary completed and he loved it, so now that I have a tiny bit of free time I wanted to continue on the work I was doing for him. This is the secondary I mocked up, and it's not quite complete, but I am stuck on a few areas and wanted some opinions from you guys. His team will be called the Cincinnati Stingers, in this secondary I am trying to capture a hornet in rapid attack flight (it will eventually be bursting through a roundel). The angle in the sketch is a tad extreme, I was just going to adjust in Illustrator in the vectorization process, but it will be on a slight angle to give the notion of movement. Where I am getting hung up on is the wings. In their current stage they look stationary (I will be adding motion lines in the final stages of the project, but even now I think they look static). I am very pleased with the head, but I am losing the antennae in the border of the thorax. I really dont want to have to put a white outline on it if I dont have to. Lastly, while I think the legs, as I have them may be the best way to pull them off in the illustration, I think they will look weak in comparison to the rest of the design. I just need some fresh eyes cuz I have been staring at this thing from all angles for two days straight.

Scan_201407023_zpsbb10c8a8.png

thanks guys

unij

I'm revising the sketch, version 3, and some things I noticed from the last version (posted above) are the thorax is entirely too big in relation to the head, especially since it is in the tailing away from the head in terms of perspective. Shrinking that and lowering the position of the wings in relation should go strides to aesthetically more pleasing. Doing that may also eliminate the need for legs, also, since the wing position would cover them.

I would have the wings at 45 degree abgles. Right now it the wings are against perspective.

You may have just hit the nail on the head. Lemme give that a try, I am SO close on this and its, like, one or two teeny tiny adjustments away. Thanks, mamiller99. I knew some other perspectives, no pun intended, would help.

UniJ

I would have the wings at 45 degree abgles. Right now it the wings are against perspective.

You may have just hit the nail on the head. Lemme give that a try, I am SO close on this and its, like, one or two teeny tiny adjustments away. Thanks, mamiller99. I knew some other perspectives, no pun intended, would help.

UniJ

No problemo, I love to help out.

That's what- She

Archived