Geneva Mountaineers logo help

Christian Legault

Hmm... Right now I don't see the color scheme, brown, silver/grey, yellow, and maroon. That could be your first improvement. Those colors are very odd together in my opinion. Maybe simplify it, go with brown or maroon (your choice) yellow, drop the grey, and add white in its place, and maybe a sky blue? Those might work. Secondly I'd make the darker part of the mountain top (in the bottom part of the logo) white. Show it off. Even though roundels are frowned upon, I think this is a time where it could work. I;d also like to see what you have in mind for a secondary logo.

Jake88%2BSignture.png

Hmm... Right now I don't see the color scheme, brown, silver/grey, yellow, and maroon. That could be your first improvement. Those colors are very odd together in my opinion. Maybe simplify it, go with brown or maroon (your choice) yellow, drop the grey, and add white in its place, and maybe a sky blue? Those might work. Secondly I'd make the darker part of the mountain top (in the bottom part of the logo) white. Show it off. Even though roundels are frowned upon, I think this is a time where it could work. I;d also like to see what you have in mind for a secondary logo.

I tried with white mountains and it seems off to me. Also for the colour scheme, what colours would be where (light blue)? IMO i need the brown and silver for the pick axe as i felt like those are the traditionals colours that fit the pick axe.

As for the secondary logo i have no idea. If you have any ideas that your not using id be more than happy to make a joint effort in this project.

sig_zpsbkzghgfz.png

Twitter: @lestoplegault - Email: Christiantlegault@gmail.com Blog: http://legaultdesigns.blogspot.ca/

I'd try making the whole pick larger and thicker. Maybe even the handle. Even if it might not be a realistic pickaxe I think if you made it larger it could look better. So by making it larger you would have to decrease the length of the picks wedges.

Christan+Legault+Geneva+Mountaineers+Log

Very rough, but this is what I envisioned, but now it kinda looks like clipart in a way... which was why I suggested the roundel.

As for the secondary logo i have no idea. If you have any ideas that your not using id be more than happy to make a joint effort in this project.

Haha... Me... logo design... Ya that isn't happening haha. But I will help you out with suggestions.

Maybe a shield like design that could have Geneva above a bigger "M" formed into 2 mountain peaks, and at the bottom a Swiss Cross (Ala the Cosmonauts logo, with the flag), or the 2014 founding date, or even better put the is the height of the Matterhorn (4,478 m) at the bottom (Raysox did this with his Yakball Colorado design).

I'm sure you could also do something with a mountaineer's face, but that could be generic....

Working with pick axes in this design is kinda dangerous Imo, the Rush designs are almost all gonna have them I think.

Good luck with this though, I don't have the talent to try them out myself but I hope this can work its self into a winning design!

Jake88%2BSignture.png

I would work on making the Axe a lot thicker - both the silver and brown parts. Possibly even more shading on it. It appears too realistic and that's what is probably holding this logo back. Don't be afraid to be a bit cartoony with it. I will say that I do like the snow on the mountains being a slight colour change rather than in your face. I honestly didn't notice it was a mountain from a far distance so I like that.

mountaineers_zps9d0260e3.pngheres my mountaineer face, this might be my primary. any comments. (i enlarged the picks like dylan told me to and did more of a cubic face for more of a styled logo.

The axes are fine, but the whole face, the mouth in general could really use some work.

here is an update. I tried working the face a little but ultimately failed. i added a touch of shadowing instead. also added the script above his head but decided scripts in logos aren't really in the big leagues so demoted it to secondary. Thoughts? should i scrap the secondary with script or keep it.

finall_zps313326d7.png

sig_zpsbkzghgfz.png

Twitter: @lestoplegault - Email: Christiantlegault@gmail.com Blog: http://legaultdesigns.blogspot.ca/

I get the face is supposed to look 'rocky'?

I think the biggest weakness is the chin area. Looks like he has a goatee. Is he supposed to have one? Regardless the red part of his sweater looks like it's cutting into his neck area rather than it being behind his chin. This has definitely been improved from the first.

The Neck deal scarf thing should for sure go Behind his chin and I'm not sure if the picks should over lap his hat it Kinda makes it look funky. I know there isn't much time left in this contest but I'd keep working the logo for practice because you've definitely got a good start here.

Big fan of the jersey the colors look very good.

💻linktr.ee/McElroy19 // ✍️ Graphic Design — Vegas Golden Knights. //✏️ Sports Logos and Uniforms
✨✨Let’s work together!! ✨✨

Thanks Matt. I'm really just starting this logo design thing. This is my third logo project so I believe I am making some progress. I think the due date is passed for the comp but could always rework it later.

sig_zpsbkzghgfz.png

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to bump a dead thread...but his logo package is one of the candidates on the Icethetics contest for the Genvea Mountaineers' logo.

AWESOME concepts they all are...but what I like about this was the indimidation factor it adds. Kinda reminds me of the quote from The Big Lebowski's TV edit, "You see what happens when you find a stranger in the Alps?!"

bYhYmxh.png

Archived