Combining 2 Leagues: MLL + NLL = All American Lacrosse League

TShaw528

I am working on a Lacrosse league that will combine the teams of the MLL and the NLL. It will be the All American Lacrosse League. Rather than having the two leagues compete, they will form a super league that plays 2 seasons, an indoor winter season and an outdoor summer season. Many players currently play in both leagues, so this would not unfairly abuse players. Thus, each team will have 2 uniform sets and 2 field designs. The leauge's logo is still a WIP, I should have it up tomorrow. For the most part, I will only tweak logos. Most of these are real teams, so I will use their logos. I might change a few of the teams, some lacrosse teams have awful branding (Edmonton Rush, for example).

Here is the league:

North Division

Buffalo Bandits

Rochester Knighthawks

Toronto Rock

New York Lizards (They play on Long Island)

Boston Cannons

Philadelphia Wings

West Division

Colorado Mammoth

Calgary Roughnecks

Edmonton Tundra (Formerly Rush)

Minnesota Swarm

Vancouver Stealth

San Francisco Dragons (A moved Hamilton Nationals. They used to be an NLL team)

South Division

Charlotte Hounds

Baltimore Bayhawks (Changed from Chesapeake Bayhawks)

Florida Launch

Ohio Machine (They play in Colombus)

Cleveland Rockers (New Franchise, replace the Rochester Rattlers of the MLL)

Atlanta Outlaws (Moved from Denver)

I'm still trying to figure out the best venues.

The summer, outdoor league will have 16 games.

Each team plays their division opponents twice and three teams from a different division, based on last year's rank (The Top 3 teams play the top 3 teams in the other divisions, the bottom 3 teams play the bottom 3, if that makes sense)

The winter, indoor season will have 22 games.

Each team plays their division twice, and the other two divisions once.

Both seasons will conclude with an 8 team tournament to determine a champion. The 3 division winners and the 5 next highest ranked teams will all be seeded and face off. The championship game will be a neutral site, otherwise the higher seed gets a home game. Division winners all must be a 4 seed or higher.

You can't move Denver, they consistently have the best attendance in the MLL and hold the record for the largest crowd at a pro lacrosse game (31,019)

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I'm working on new divisions. I might go up to 20 teams, since if I add Portland someone from the West would need to go to the east/south division.

For now, here's Calgary.

This is Mr.Wonka's template, taken from the Paint thread. I made the front view of the helmet.

I'm going to work on cleaning up the helmet for next time. It looked way more pixelated than I realized. Also, my computer lost all memory of fonts I installed, and is having trouble downloading more, that's why there currently aren't names on the back. They will get there once I sort that issue out.

Logos:

jfwllfc.png

I made the blue on the mountains a little lighter, and cut out the font from the rest of it. Otherwise, no changes.

Home, outdoor uniforms.

X8uEGlk.png

The numbers have little lug nuts, and resemble the Calgary font. Lugnuts also appear on the helmet stripe and the blue part of the sleeves. As you can probably tell, I'm still pretty new at this. C&C is much appreciated.

i don't like the crooked r on the helmet. also i think i would be better to use black as the secondary color ad use the blue and a supporting color. i think the helmet would look great as a matte black with the metallic, possibly chrome like stripe. so yeah, less blue, more black. i love the numbers though, they look fantastic

I'd suggest using a different template, but I don't know where one might be. Mr. Wonka had a nice template, maybe you could ask him? That being said, this is very Rough but nice looking. I get the idea behind it, and it works.

:wub:(dance):boogie:(bow):jawdrop::censored:(sleepz):puke::woot::sleeping::hockeysmiley::therock::oops:

I think I like smilies too much!

i don't like the crooked r on the helmet. also i think i would be better to use black as the secondary color ad use the blue and a supporting color. i think the helmet would look great as a matte black with the metallic, possibly chrome like stripe. so yeah, less blue, more black. i love the numbers though, they look fantastic

I'm not entirely sure, but wouldn't the helmet be worn slanted down a bit, so the R would be straight when it's on?

why doesn't DC have a team?

Most of these are really or previously existing franchises. With only 18 teams some had to be left out.

I'd suggest using a different template, but I don't know where one might be. Mr. Wonka had a nice template, maybe you could ask him? That being said, this is very Rough but nice looking. I get the idea behind it, and it works.

Thanks, I'll ask him

Other than the fact that it's pixelated and the template is mediocre, any C&C on the uniform?

I'm not entirely sure, but wouldn't the helmet be worn slanted down a bit, so the R would be straight when it's on?

the logo wouldn't be slanted as much, its too steep and just looks funky. plus it should probably be moved up above the indented part shown by the gray.

The Chesapeake Bayhawks are named after the Chesapeake Bay, so rebranding them as the Baltimore Bayhawks kinda dilutes the name, imo.

For the Roughnecks I'm not sure if I really get the look. You have modern shiny numbers and a crazy font, but outside of the lugnut striping the rest of the uniform is rather conservative and traditional. The team should either embrace the "blue-collar traditionalist" route or the "crazy lacrosse uniform" look but when put together they really clash.

That being said, this is very Rough

ISeeWhatYouDidThereBlackSS.png

They used to be the Baltimore Bayhawks, I'm just going back to their old name.

And I see your point on Calgary. They certainly could be a llittle less plain, especially with the numbers I'm using.

the logo wouldn't be slanted as much, its too steep and just looks funky. plus it should probably be moved up above the indented part shown by the gray.

Ok, thanks. I'll fix that on my next update.

Archived