WWE Logo

Funkatron101

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is absolutely fantastic! This has been a wonderful and well thought out concept from beginning to start. Before I made this comment I had to go back through and rewatch the evolution of this logo, and I have to say that this has been really fun. This is one of the main reasons why I started posting on these boards. Great job! :)

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

This is absolutely fantastic! This has been a wonderful and well thought out concept from beginning to start. Before I made this comment I had to go back through and rewatch the evolution of this logo, and I have to say that this has been really fun. This is one of the main reasons why I started posting on these boards. Great job! :)

Thanks. I actually enjoy posting the whole process from really rough concept to finished piece. While it is a bit cringe worthy to compare to the first draft, sometimes I need that.

Thanks everyone for the advice along the way!

While I got used to the Big W and swoosh this is a nice change. Also kudos for adding the E and making a cool reference to a ring. Sometimes I see an arena video board when I look at this but that's just my mind wandering.

The real test is to see how it looks next to a PPV logo or even on their new world heavyweight championship. Great stuff man.

Well, one issue I know I'm going to have in scaling it way down will be the ropes. Unfortunately that detail will be virtually lost as is, I may have to thicken them a little. I'm contemplating separating the elements a little more.

Here is a quick mock up of a one-color use of the logo. I have the native file at work, so this is just a rough copy/paste of the final logo I posted here. It will probably look a little cleaner with the native file.

ss_zps4dba7ba3.jpg

Well, one issue I know I'm going to have in scaling it way down will be the ropes. Unfortunately that detail will be virtually lost as is, I may have to thicken them a little. I'm contemplating separating the elements a little more.

Here is a quick mock up of a one-color use of the logo. I have the native file at work, so this is just a rough copy/paste of the final logo I posted here. It will probably look a little cleaner with the native file. ss_zps4dba7ba3.jpg

I actually think that isn't bad at all. You could maybe make it a tad bit larger, but I think the biggest help would be to use the full color version. At that size it's easy for things to get lost when it's all one color I think.

The real test is to see how it looks next to a PPV logo or even on their new world heavyweight championship. Great stuff man.

I think it makes a wonderful center plate shape for a brand new belt. I may have to give that a try!
Can't wait to see it!

1B ia still my favourite. I'm getting used to the "E" at this point. Who cares if the E is obvious right? Maybe it will shut people up about the "Entertainment" aspect of the WWE :P

Edit, i thought the last page was the last one and I missed everything above.

Looks great!!

The "new" WWE logo on the promo...should stand out more.

I agree, but in virtually all promo pieces, they have their logo really small. So I was trying to stay within that parameter. It actually helped me realize that the rope issue would be a problem.

That looks much better. Color made all the difference and the slight bump in size helped. I can make out both W's clearly and the ropes can be seen as well.

The placement is a little weird and it looks quite vibrant. I suppose sticking a vector on top of a low-res image isn't going to look so natural.

In light of the scaling issue, I thickened the ropes, and rounded the middle post to look more like an actual ring post. If anyone happens to want this for their wallpaper, hit me up in a PM.

wwe-new_wallpaper_zpsa486c9cf.png

Archived