WWE Logo

Funkatron101

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually don't like this concept, and I'll tell you why:

• There's too much going on. Sure, you've got a W, another W, and an obvious E, but that logo when it's crunched into a small shape looks like a few marks on a box.
  • The ring is clever, but that's all it is. There's nothing stylish or pleasing about it, it's just kinda gimmicky.
  • Too many designers try to get cute with shapes. You're going for an angular, cubic look to satisfy the ring thing, but it's forced.
  • The WWE logo may not be amazing but it's not a logo created to represent a wrestling product - it was created to look good on TV, merchandise, and computer monitors. This logo would be more appropriate for a small-time wrestling company.

If that's too mean, I'm sorry, but I'm being honest.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I actually don't like this concept, and I'll tell you why:

• There's too much going on. Sure, you've got a W, another W, and an obvious E, but that logo when it's crunched into a small shape looks like a few marks on a box.
  • The ring is clever, but that's all it is. There's nothing stylish or pleasing about it, it's just kinda gimmicky.
  • Too many designers try to get cute with shapes. You're going for an angular, cubic look to satisfy the ring thing, but it's forced.
  • The WWE logo may not be amazing but it's not a logo created to represent a wrestling product - it was created to look good on TV, merchandise, and computer monitors. This logo would be more appropriate for a small-time wrestling company.

If that's too mean, I'm sorry, but I'm being honest.

I've taken your opinion under advisement and have created an entirely NEW logo!

WTM

(bow)

Sorry, just having a little fun. I hear your concerns. Can't please everyone, I guess.

Just gotta take the good criticism w/ the bad. I don't think it's a terrible logo, just not one that pleases me for the product it's for. You're expressing yourself and doing something creative, so keep it up!

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Just gotta take the good criticism w/ the bad. I don't think it's a terrible logo, just not one that pleases me for the product it's for. You're expressing yourself and doing something creative, so keep it up!

It's not an easy challenge. WWE is a well-established and recognized brand. I originally wanted to work within the parameters of revamping their "classic" logo, but I quickly felt uninspired. It's been done. I wanted to shake it up and do something completely different. That alone is going to have some naysayers. Hell, even when I look at the logo on the latest promo piece I put up, it is a bit jarring to me. It doesn't look "WWE," but that was kind of the point.

So no, I'm not at all upset at the criticism. In fact, I expected more people giving a similar response and fans of WWE emphatically rejecting it.

• 2 weeks later...

I would personally lose the E altogether, I don't think it fits in with the rest of the design and obviously the WWE don't seem to care about it given their logos since they became the WWE.

Then I would shift the perspective of the entire thing from below the ring to above the ring slightly.

Are you going for the multiple jewel style of the new belt, or just placing a few with the majority of the belt being gold and paint like the older belts?

Not sure yet. My initial thought would be multiple jewels, but it might be overkill.
With the logo placing emphasis on wrestling more so than entertainment, I'd say go with a more classic decor.

I seriously love this logo, to me this fits for a promotion that is calling itself World Wrestling Entertainment. The current WWswoosh logo makes no sense. The best thing about your logo and the title belt design is that it could be used for a standardized belt layout for all the titles just by varying the colors and size of plates.

Archived