Crocodile Logo

alexo

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually like your second update. Your first logo looked like a salamander, and now you've made him into a crocodile. The problem with your white teeth is that the blue stroke is too thin. Maybe thicken it. But other that that the logo looks good.

sig_zpsbkzghgfz.png

Twitter: @lestoplegault - Email: Christiantlegault@gmail.com Blog: http://legaultdesigns.blogspot.ca/

Your most recent version looks quite nice. I think the teeth should be blue instead of white, and I don't really think you need the darker yellow shadow. It adds an extra color without really adding much to the design. Also, (and this has improved throughout the revisions), I think he looks slightly flabby (mainly on the back of the neck.)

"Jesus said to him, 'I am the way, and the truth, and the life.'" - John 14:6

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." - John 3:16

A part of me seeing the blue and the white makes it look like they are highlights rather than teeth. And when the teeth are blue it actually looks cool. Looks as though the Croc has scars or something. However, I don't see teeth when I see that especially when right above it you have blue marks coming down from his snout.

Then when they're pure white teeth it looks like highlights because of the white highlight you have above it. At the same time though I don't really like the white teeth with a blue outline. I was more of a fan of your last open mouth draft. He started to look more menacing. However if you stick to the closed mouth then I'd definitely start to work on what's highlighted and what is a shadow so you can distinguish teeth from a highlight.

I like the improvements so far, but some of the suggestions about the mouth closed, jagged teeth seem spot on. I would also remove the "pack of hotdogs" neck, maybe work in a skin pattern instead, with the scales that you see in the photo above.

I feel like it's still more alligator. Maybe the snout needs to be stretched longer? Eye smaller? Maybe add some to the end of the nose? And the teeth still don't quite look like they are coming from the jaws as much as stuck to the sides. I'm sure you have a ton, but here are some reference photos:

Saltwater+Crocodile.jpg

56332_crocodile-king_u4otpkuoohegc34cxym

Salty_1651390c.jpg

crocodile.jpg

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

I don't have anything constructive to add. Just a show of support because I've had multiple attempts at a crocodile logo and have given up every time. You're on the right track though.

I don't what it is about crocs, they're just really difficult to illustrate.

Archived