USBL--St. Paul Loons Posted (24/24)

dsaline97

I like this team for the most part, but I just don't really like the word marks, and I don't think gold fits in with blue and red. Word marks would probably look better without the outline and background, just a little simpler. And maybe the gold could be replaced with more white. I really like the general design of this team though. Green primary logo, but I'd like to see how it looks with no gold.

56e455ee03d99_newmexico.png.a50dec533f84

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow. Just scrolled through this whole thing and am extrememly impressed. Would love to figure out how you do the initial sorta painted on wall logo look, I'm pretty new to this. But seriously, I'm not a baseball fan and this held my attention all the way through so that's saying something. Especially like portland new mexico and san antonio. Great series, well done.

Wow. Just scrolled through this whole thing and am extrememly impressed. Would love to figure out how you do the initial sorta painted on wall logo look, I'm pretty new to this. But seriously, I'm not a baseball fan and this held my attention all the way through so that's saying something. Especially like portland new mexico and san antonio. Great series, well done.

Basically, I put the logo and color layer over the concrete and set it to multiply to give it that look. I suppose I could put up the photoshop file, but it's pretty basic. San Antonio? There's no team there, not sure which you're referring to.

spacer.png

Basically, I put the logo and color layer over the concrete and set it to multiply to give it that look. I suppose I could put up the photoshop file, but it's pretty basic. San Antonio? There's no team there, not sure which you're referring to.

Oh, sorry, the sidewinders, was that arizona? Thanks, I'll try that out. Even if it is basic, it looks great.

• 3 weeks later...

Long time since this topic was in full swing. Can you give us an update on standings?

Fair enough, though I've lost motivation to make baseball concepts at this point.

The 2015 regular season was scheduled to end on September 24, but a make-up game and tiebreaker delayed that officially to the 26th. Omaha and California finished their 160 games tied for fourth place in the American Division with 84 games a piece, and played a winner-take-all game on the 26th to decide who would participate in the postseason. The Cyclones would go on to win 5-1, fueled by Tim Baker’s 7 innings on the mound and Mike Cook’s 2-run double.

Here’s a preview of the 2015 Postseason:

myCv6KY.png

**USBL QUARTERFINAL RESULTS**

Omaha Cyclones def Pittsburgh Flying Shearmen 3-2

MVP: 1B Elliott Johnston (OMA): 5/9, 3 RBI, 1.212 OPS

New Mexico Suns def St. Louis Archers 3-2

MVP: C Bob Wash (NM): 4/11, 2 HR, 6 RBI, 1.533 OPS

Colorado Kings def Boston Masons 3-1

MVP: 1B Ben Lawrence (COL): 8/15, HR, 1.295 OPS

Iowa Dusters def Jacksonville Gators 3-1

MVP: LF Dane Gordon (IOWA): 4/6, HR, 6 RBI

And the updated bracket:

tOfm1r0.png

The semifinals are in play, but I’ll hold off until those are completed (10/13).

spacer.png

COME ON J'VILLE!!!!!!!!! New to this series, this looks awesome. Was wondering if you would do a whole season by season like how Veras and Hawkfan does?

IMG_1942.PNG

image.png

COME ON J'VILLE!!!!!!!!! New to this series, this looks awesome. Was wondering if you would do a whole season by season like how Veras and Hawkfan does?

I thought about going season by season from the start, but I didn't really have the time to start from 1930 and wait 5 years or so to get to the present day. I might start doing a year by year in 2016, but I'm not sure on that yet. The Gators were my favorites too, but it just wasn't their year.

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

You should put all of these uniforms into action in MLB The Show in Diamond Dynasty. By the way best fictional league I have seen on this site.

That's interesting, I'll have to look into that. And thanks for the high praise, I definitely have some competition around here.

Wow. It's been awhile since nobody has commented on this. I read through everything and enjoyed so much. I would really like to see the expansion. I really hope this isn't dead.

I've been working on expansion candidates pretty recently, so it's not dead. I'll release my tentative markets now. I'm not too open to change, but if there are some extreme issues with these, let me know and I'll try to replace them.

Philadelphia, PA: This creates an in state rivalry with the Flying Shearmen, and also will revive the identity (or at least the name) of a former minor league team from the 1960s in Philly.

Brooklyn, NY: Boston held two teams for a few seasons in the 1980s, but the experiment failed, and failed miserably. Part of that was because the Masons weren't too willing to accommodate the new team and still tried to control the entire New England area. This time around, the USBL is targeting a much larger city, putting a team in Brooklyn. Taxpayers are supporting a new ballpark in the borough, and the New York Knights ownership is has stated that they will help fund the team and get it off the ground.

Finally, San Antonio and Minneapolis-St. Paul.

spacer.png

You should put all of these uniforms into action in MLB The Show in Diamond Dynasty. By the way best fictional league I have seen on this site.

I spend a lot of time on DD, I am gonna give the masons a try as they have the simplest uniforms.

That's interesting, I'll have to look into that. And thanks for the high praise, I definitely have some competition around here.

Wow. It's been awhile since nobody has commented on this. I read through everything and enjoyed so much. I would really like to see the expansion. I really hope this isn't dead.

I've been working on expansion candidates pretty recently, so it's not dead. I'll release my tentative markets now. I'm not too open to change, but if there are some extreme issues with these, let me know and I'll try to replace them.

Philadelphia, PA: This creates an in state rivalry with the Flying Shearmen, and also will revive the identity (or at least the name) of a former minor league team from the 1960s in Philly.

Brooklyn, NY: Boston held two teams for a few seasons in the 1980s, but the experiment failed, and failed miserably. Part of that was because the Masons weren't too willing to accommodate the new team and still tried to control the entire New England area. This time around, the USBL is targeting a much larger city, putting a team in Brooklyn. Taxpayers are supporting a new ballpark in the borough, and the New York Knights ownership is has stated that they will help fund the team and get it off the ground.

I like the idea of Philadelphia. My only complaint is really San Antonio. Now please hear me out. I'm not saying this is a horrible idea. I think because the USBL prides itself on small market teams, why not go for a smaller city? I know San Antonio is interesting but why not explore some markets in Canada like Montreal,Toronto,Vancouver or even Ottawa? But then again it is the United States Baseball League.

St. Paul is the perfect place for a team. I don't want this to become a 'name the team' but I think the St. Paul Saints has a nice ring to it.

Brooklyn is interesting. Maybe New York and Brooklyn develop a rivalry? Or Boston and Brooklyn? I think you can explore.

I like the idea of Philadelphia. My only complaint is really San Antonio. Now please hear me out. I'm not saying this is a horrible idea. I think because the USBL prides itself on small market teams, why not go for a smaller city? I know San Antonio is interesting but why not explore some markets in Canada like Montreal,Toronto,Vancouver or even Ottawa? But then again it is the United States Baseball League.

St. Paul is the perfect place for a team. I don't want this to become a 'name the team' but I think the St. Paul Saints has a nice ring to it.

Brooklyn is interesting. Maybe New York and Brooklyn develop a rivalry? Or Boston and Brooklyn? I think you can explore.

It's a fair point on San Antonio, and I wanted to add a team in the state of Texas. El Paso had their shot and couldn't get companies to support the team. I could go with Houston or Dallas, but there aren't many pro teams in San Antonio (both in real life and in the USBL universe) so I thought it would be a good fit for the league.

spacer.png

It's a fair point on San Antonio, and I wanted to add a team in the state of Texas. El Paso had their shot and couldn't get companies to support the team. I could go with Houston or Dallas, but there aren't many pro teams in San Antonio (both in real life and in the USBL universe) so I thought it would be a good fit for the league.

Good point. Cant wait for the expansion. I also would really love to see the finish of the playoffs. I've been going for New Mexico the whole time, probably my favorite set.

Archived