Rockstar Matt's Forza Racing Liveries (Series)

Rockstar Matt

Anybody else enjoy Racing Liveries? What?! You do? Well then, you're in luck because I've noticed a severe lack of racing livery concepts on these forums. I intend to change that. There will be a variety of different car disciplines being represented here. Anywhere from Prototypes and GTLM cars, to open wheel and the V8 Supercars. Hopefully you guys will enjoy the series. I'm going to try to push myself here in the hope that along the way, I'll get better and better as an artist so that together, we can produce some awesome liveries. So sit back, and enjoy the ride!

For this part of the series, I'm designing the cars as if they were in the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship ( http://www.imsa.com/). Really quickly before we get started, I have to let everyone know in advance that these upcoming concepts are centered around Red Bull. It's not because I'm a fan of them, or anything like that, but rather I like the color scheme and how versatile the logo is. I will be creating liveries that don't feature Red Bull, but for now they will all feature Red Bull predominantly.

First up in the series, are liveries using the 2006 Aston Martin Racing DBR9 in GTLM division.

WhiteLightblueDarkblue_zpsxmcg3s17.jpeg

WhiteLightblueDarkblue2_zpszflfpg99.jpeg

It's a simple scheme with a white base coupled with navy and light blue accents. I wanted to go with a simple, but unique look. Nothing too gaudy. I was trying to think a little outside of the box by giving the car a more futuristic look instead of a traditional livery. The scheme doesn't look as realistic as some of my other ones, but that's mostly because I couldn't put sponsor logos on the car without detracting from the overall look. I have two variations of this scheme in different colors. If you'd like to see those, I'll post them. One's in black and grey, the other is in navy, light blue and yellow. (Side note: This also was the first one I designed on Forza 6 and because of that, I haven't been able to update to number box to what they're supposed to look like for the 2016 SportsCar season.)

From here on out, the liveries will have a little more complexity and realism to them. For these first couple of concepts I won't be making any changes as I've already put them up for the public to download. (The reason being if I didn't do so, I'd constantly be tinkering with them :lol: ).

Any feedback or C&C is welcomed and greatly appreciated.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Looks good!  

This is a topic that needs more love.  There are some fantastic liveries in motor-sports.  Specific to Forza, spending hours and hours on recreating existing, or designing new racing liveries is probably my favourite part of the series.

banners

Thanks for the kind words guys! Forgot to mention that every single one of the concepts I will be posting are up for download on Forza 6. 

I'm going to post one concept a day to attempt to get through the concepts I've already finished so we can get to the good stuff. Here's the next one in the series:

SkyblueNavyTechno3RB9_zpsgmt9qiqf.jpeg

SkyblueNavyTecho2RB_zps3izaqyuc.jpeg

SkyblueNavyTecho1RB_zpsr7yvaweb.jpeg

This livery has the updated number badge. I was kinda inspired by a microchip which is why the lines are more rigid. I again went with a double-blue scheme, but this added yellow as a tertiary color. This was one of my personal favorites and the oldest concept I will be posting here. 

For tomorrow, there will be a concept that is based on a real scheme, but the original livery was in a different discipline.

10 minutes ago, DAKINS24 said:

Looks good!  

This is a topic that needs more love.  There are some fantastic liveries in motor-sports.  Specific to Forza, spending hours and hours on recreating existing, or designing new racing liveries is probably my favourite part of the series.

Thank you! It's mine too. I probably spend half my time on the game painting cars and creating logos.

My computer was bugging out yesterday so I couldn't post the newest concept, but it's all good now so here we go:

WBCRedBull4_zpsbywebhfz.jpeg

WBCRedBull3_zpsf87qu0ra.jpeg

WBCRedBull2_zpsjvq519d2.jpeg

WBCRedBull1_zpsvead5n5l.jpeg

I can't take credit for coming up with the idea for this livery seeing as it's based on this: 1920x1000px_vw-20150114-2237.jpg

However, I will take credit for painstaking trying to re-create that design and making it fit on a completely different car :P So other than recreating this designed, I used a lightly different darker blue by making it with bright royal blue metallic flakes so that when viewing the car from certain angles the color will change from a deep dark blue, to a bright royal blue. I'm pretty proud of this one and it is my current paint scheme I use when I race with the Aston. It's also my most downloaded Aston livery.

Tomorrow, I will upload my final Aston Martin design, for now..

On 19/01/2016 at 5:07 PM, Rockstar Matt said:

Thank you! It's mine too. I probably spend half my time on the game painting cars and creating logos.

No problem!

It's incredibly addictive.

I actually had one of the liveries I created (although it was simplified from the original design) in Forza put on a real time attack car a few years ago.

822556293_SWfWQ-XL.jpg

4480243192_607c88e5c6_z.jpg

4479595121_c4efb09ff6_z.jpg

Original:

4476261253_a49ab572da_z.jpg

They even kept the design when they had a sponsor change:

LIC%203.jpg

LIC_side_1.jpg

http://www.licmotorsports.com/blog/2011/05/25/lic-motorsports-livery-2011-released

I submitted another design for the MOMO's Pirelli World Challenge car, but sadly it wasn't chosen.  I won't get into details, but I will say that choosing a livery based on Facebook "likes" doesn't always ensure the best looking design will win.  

Momo-Design-Contest.jpg

banners

• 6 months later...

Sorry for the incredible lag in between posts, but I've been pretty busy recently. Anyways, I'd like to kinda dump a lot of new liveries that I've done in the past 7 months. I think you'll see some improvement.

Starting with some newer Red Bull Liveries:

BMWRedBullLB_zps1nflz1rx.jpeg

BlueWhite3RB9_zpsbr5xhipb.jpeg

RedBullGT3_zpsbiaenpvb.jpeg

CopperRedBull2_zpsnpl84oyd.jpeg

FYI, it's incredibly difficult to try to match the color of copper with a flat paint color.

And now, some non-Red Bull liveries:

Starting with Motul Racing (the team was originally going to be called Rampant Rabbit Motorsport, but someone pointed out the Rampant Rabbit is actually the name of a vibrator. A hilarious mistake):

RampantRabbit1_zpskghmd2xs.jpeg

RampantRabbit2_zps62eecjkm.jpeg

Next up, Verizon Speed Racing:

VerizonBlack2_zpsplnpexkh.jpeg

VerizonBlack1_zpsabyonixu.jpeg

And finally, Repsol Motorsport:

NewRepsol_zpskauncyyf.jpeg

NewRepsol3_zpsqmbvza8b.jpeg

NewRepsol2_zpsxjr17cge.jpeg

First off, these are freakin' awesome.

I have a couple of general questions though.

Do you need a gold membership in order to buy liveries in the game? (You do in Forza 4.)

Unrelated, but do you need a gold membership in order to download concepts into the latest NBA 2K game?

I ask because I'm not an avid gamer, just really casual, and wouldn't really use the gold membership for what it comes with.

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

On August 3, 2016 at 6:41 AM, Uglybus said:

These are really cool! Have you ever designed a real car before?

Thanks man!

No, I haven't lol. Only in the virtual world. I wouldn't even know how to get into that field.

However, I do race in an online racing league and all of the cars in the last two posts are teams being used in that league. That's about as close as I'm going to get.

On August 3, 2016 at 8:49 AM, stumpygremlin said:

First off, these are freakin' awesome.

I have a couple of general questions though.

Do you need a gold membership in order to buy liveries in the game? (You do in Forza 4.)

Unrelated, but do you need a gold membership in order to download concepts into the latest NBA 2K game?

I ask because I'm not an avid gamer, just really casual, and wouldn't really use the gold membership for what it comes with.

Thank you for the kind words!

That's a good question, but I do not know the answer to it. It wouldn't surprise me if you have to because it's an element of the online world. 

Archived