Liga Nacional de Béisbol (National Baseball League): a fantasy Spanish Baseball League (24/24 + Colour Schemes)

Victormrey

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Moving on to the South

LINCES DE SEVILLA (SEVILLA LYNXES)

Sevilla, Andalusia

The Iberian Lynx is an endemic animal from Spain and Portugal, nowadays there are less than 400 specimens, so it's one of the most threatened felines in the World; one of the biggest concentrations of this animal is located near to Sevilla, that's why I decided to use the name "Linces". The primary and secondary logos are the initials of the clubs.

The colours are taken from the Sevilla province flag, and given these are the same than A's colours, the uniforms were inspired by them.

The home and road uniforms use the traditional white and grey, while the alternate uniform is green.

Liga Nacional de Beisbol Linces de Sevilla Home Uniform.png

Liga Nacional de Beisbol Linces de Sevilla Road Uniform.png

Liga Nacional de Beisbol Linces de Sevilla Alt Uniform.png

Let's start with the penultimate team round!

PUCELANOS DE VALLADOLID (VALLADOLID PUCELLE)

Valladolid, Castile and León

People from Valladolid are known as "Pucelanos", there are different theories about the origin of this name, but the most accepted one is that some people from Valladolid travelled to France in order to help Joan of Arc, also known as "Pucelle d'Arc", and when the came back they started being calling like that. The logo is a P taken from the team's wordmark.

The main colour is purple, which is the colour related to the city, and which has origin in the confusion of the colour of the Castile flag (which is actually crimson).

The home uniform is off-white, the road uniform is grey and the alternate uniform is purple.

Liga Nacional de Beisbol Pucelanos de Valladolid Home Uniform.png

Liga Nacional de Beisbol Pucelanos de Valladolid Road Uniform.png

Liga Nacional de Beisbol Pucelanos de Valladolid Alt Uniform.png

Let's continue with a city relocation.

SIDREROS DE OVIEDO (OVIEDO CYDER MAKERS)

Oviedo, Principality of Asturias

Initially I had chosen Gijón as the location of this team, but given I wanted to use the colours from the Asturias flag (people from Gijón prefer to the red colour, taken from their flag), I decided to move it to Oviedo, the capital of the Principality. The primary logo is an O shaped S and a bottleneck at the top (featuring the Victory Cross), making it look like a cyder bottle, and the secondary logo (from the caps) is just the S.

The colours navy and gold are inspired by the flag of Asturias, but with a twist, in order to make the uniforms look more balanced.

The home uniform is white, the road uniform is grey and the alternate is navy.

Sidreros Oviedo Primary Logo Final.png

Liga Nacional de Beisbol Sidreros de Asturias Home Uniform.png

Liga Nacional de Beisbol Sidreros de Asturias Road Uniform.png

Liga Nacional de Beisbol Sidreros de Asturias Alt Uniform.png

2 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

FANTASTIC logo! I love the riff on the Brewers with the color scheme!

My only criticism is that the "OVIEDO" looks a little unbalanced on the road jersey.

Thanks for the compliments. About the Oviedo wordmark, I actually tried to avoid creating a "symmetric arch", same for the Sidreros wordmark, but I guess the effect is more clear on the Oviedo one.

22 hours ago, KRZYBDGRZ said:

Love the toros alt.

20 hours ago, Jvhn177 said:

Probably the best set of the series

14 hours ago, coco1997 said:

I'm viewing this page on a different computer screen and I just realized the Pucelle are cream and not white. Nice touch! 

Thank you everybody for the compliments!

Moving on to the last island-based team of the series.

ISLEÑOS DE MENORCA (MENORCA ISLANDERS)

Minorca, Balearic Islands

Being honest, I didn't have a specific idea for this team's name, so in the end I chose "Isleños" (Islanders). The logo is an I and a M put together.

The colours chosen are orange and teal. There's no special reason behind the colours, I just associate them with the beach and the summer time.

The home and road uniforms use the traditional white and grey, while the alternate uniform is orange with teal sleeves.

Liga Nacional de Beisbol Islenos de Menorca Home Uniform.png

Liga Nacional de Beisbol Islenos de Menorca Road Uniform.png

Liga Nacional de Beisbol Islenos de Menorca Alt Uniform.png

13 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

Can't say much other than the Islanders look great. The color scheme fits the name perfectly!

Agree with him. The colors match well and the logo is great too. Good job!

On 2/6/2016 at 2:54 PM, coco1997 said:

Can't say much other than the Islanders look great. The color scheme fits the name perfectly!

On 2/6/2016 at 3:08 PM, FORTTE said:

Agree with him. The colors match well and the logo is great too. Good job!

Thank you guys!

So, the upcoming team is Mozárabes de Córdoba (Córdoba Mozarabs). The colours chosen for them are dark purple and orange... Do you think the colour schemes are becoming a bit repetitive? Or is it fine?

4 hours ago, Victormrey said:

So, the upcoming team is Mozárabes de Córdoba (Córdoba Mozarabs). The colours chosen for them are dark purple and orange... Do you think the colour schemes are becoming a bit repetitive? Or is it fine?

Orange and purple is different from anything in MLB or this series so far so I'd say go for it. Looking back on the other teams you've done, it seems that you've made a good effort to give each team a unique identity and not overuse certain colors. Having said that, I would welcome more gold/yellow in the remaining concepts. 

Archived