MLB Rivalry Series: Silver Boot Series

Bruins

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I personally don't think Blue works for the Angels here, for the sole purpose that the rivalry would be better portrayed as Blue vs Red, and Adding blue to the red team eliminates that. However, the jerseys are great,and I do think Blue could work as part of the Angels' scheme, just not for this rivalry. Nice work!

Revised jerseys

the Angels jersey is now red with dark blue sleeve with a subtle retro theme

LA logos on the hats beneath stars to represent the high celebrity population of Los Angeles, mainly hollywood. Also, Both hats are blue which signifies the sky. I have also removed the California silhouette due to its irrelevance. Let me know if it's an improvement and the Citrus series next, thanks!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

On 8/28/2016 at 0:42 PM, TheLogoManiac13 said:

You could do a threeway series because Coors Field is just off I-70

Baltimore is close to I-70 too

These are pretty good so far! I would much rather see unique one-offs like this than the ridiculous Mother's/Father's day stuff MLB puts out now.

I agree, there's no uniqueness in the league wide special jerseys. I could do the Expos for the Nats, but it doesn't seem like as much of a rivalry with their being extinct.

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

The next matchup is the Citrus Series between the Miami Marlins and Tampa Bay Rays. It's another interleague series that in this case wil be taking place in Miami.

For the jerseys, I tried to set up a citrus theme, for obvious reasons. The Marlins are in orange and the Rays are in yellow something they've never done before. The Marlins take the orange role with the Rays being lemon and the lime green outfield wall in Marlins Park completing the Citrus trio.

The Marlins jersey is black with black sleeves and two stripes of yellow and blue on the arms. The M is on the left breast and the hat, which has a black base, orange brim and also sports yellow and blue stripes. The pants are white with black socks and belt and the numbering is black with white outlining. The front number masks a subtle orange circle, which represents their citrus.

image.jpeg

The Rays wear yellow, which I know seems odd but fits in perfectly with the citrus theme. They also have sleeve stripes and hat stripes which are dark and light blue on the shirt and light blue on the hat. The shirt features the Rays wordmark with the lemon yellow circle on the breast and the hat features the sunburst logo. The number is dark blue with white and light blue outline and the pants are white with blue socks.

image.jpeg

Let me know what you think of these, Sox-Yankees next. Thx!

Lz5f6vZ.png

Next up, The Red Sox-Yankees rivalry which is the first matchup I've done featuring teams from the same league. It is also the rivalry most important to me and one of if not the most heated rivalry in baseball, or maybe, all of sports.

For the jerseys, I wanted to do something different but simple while also focusing on the skyline of both cities since they're both beautiful ( New York speaks for itself, and seeing it first hand, Boston is also a gorgeous spectacle). So I decided to not have different sleeve colors but add the skyline silhouettes to edge of the arms.

For the Yankees, who host, I went clean and simple, with a white base sans pinstripes and their Yankees script across the front. The skyline is blue as is the numbering, socks, belt, and hat which has a white brim and NY emblem.

image.jpeg

For the sox, who have covered all their bases color wise, I had to revisit their red jersey while also focusing on white. Which is why I opted to use their white B instead of their blue, along with white numbering and white skyline accents. The pants are white with blue socks and belt and the hat is blue with the Socks logo, something they only did in one year.

image.jpeg

Let me know what you think of these, Silver Boot Series next, thx!

Lz5f6vZ.png

Archived