Formula 1 new logo

pepis21

1 hour ago, bleuet said:

1 and 2 at least represent something, 1 a race track, 2 a checkered flag.

Can I ask why 3? If its because it looks like a track, well, theres no center line on a F1 track.

IMHO 2 is clearly better

ive thought about it some more and now like the other options less than i did. those track options feel generic to me - would you do a road for a car manufacturer? 

the new logo is just an alternative F1. i believe it was W+K that mentioned something about “2 cars racing torwards a finish line” but that feels like a post design interpertation rather than a core idea of the mark. because i dont think anyone would have guessed that

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been a fan of F1 since nearly 2 decades and I feel the new group in charge is doing a lot of things right. However to some fans, casual viewers and the general public, most aren't really noticeable yet, due the longer term contract agreements, old structures and such that will still handcuff them for a while.

From personal experience, things at the racetracks (access, ticket options, entertainment like video game racing in simulators, food and such) have been much improved and changed for the better in a very short time.

They are also more open communicating about their ideas, issues they have to deal with and "digital and social media" is finally getting integrated and implemented.

Old Logo

I liked the "hidden" 1 and the bold "stated" F1.

Would have loved to see an evolution of it, with the checkered flag/finish line made black/white on the right hand side and the negative space 1 turned red.

Proposed Logos

There are a couple of nice initial ideas like the racetrack, grid line), the fonts all seem a bit thin or toy like for my taste and I doub't the would be a good use for small icons/logo types.

New Logo

I'm mostly ok with it, but the racetrack lines should be black, like asphalt, and to offset it, why not go with a red 1/finish line lights out kinda thing.

This guy did a fine job, integrating the old with the new. Old colors, black asphalt, hidden "1".

Archived