NCAA Division I FCS Concept Uniforms (Final Teams Added)

edjb93

JACKSONVILLE STATE

I changed the number and NOB fonts to the one being used in their current branding. The end of the striping is reminiscent of the shape of a gamecock's fighting blade. For this concept, the Gamecocks will stick to one helmet, plus, a black alternate jersey is added on the set.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MURRAY STATE

Checkerboards dominate my concept for Murray State. If Kentucky fans don't love checkerboards on their athletic teams, then I think Murray State can embrace the "Racer fashion". If I offended Murray State alumni or fans here, I apologize in advance.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

7 hours ago, edjb93 said:

MURRAY STATE

Checkerboards dominate my concept for Murray State. If Kentucky fans don't love checkerboards on their athletic teams, then I think Murray State can embrace the "Racer fashion". If I offended Murray State alumni or fans here, I apologize in advance.

40472134150_01c9accaa2_b.jpg

41557942424_6861f55b5f_b.jpg

40472134310_9bae01961a_b.jpg

I'm not sure how seriously I could take a Murray State fan who was.  They're not rivals with the Vols, the ties to the Derby were a reach for UK, and Murray State's identity is explicitly built around race horses.  Best of all, this gives them a distinct look away from the Michigan/West Virginia clones they usually look like.

On 6/5/2018 at 7:25 PM, lsims said:

I really love this thread! I know this is a lot of work, but I would like to see you do this for D2 football. Keep up the good work!

Divisions II and III are extremely challenging, since almost all athletic teams do not have distinct identities unlike FBS. Also, the logos are very obscure, that there are just only few of 'em on the mother website.

SOUTHEAST MISSOURI STATE

This concept set for SEMO is one of my favorites. Unlike their 2017 set, my concept has a great balance between black, red, and white. The red helmet makes its triumphant return, albeit lack of striping.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

TENNESSEE-MARTIN

The overall design that UA provided is really simple, but, without the helmet, the design is way too simple. Because of that, I just made few tweaks to UTM football's non-Auburn look. Navy pants and orange jerseys are also added to this set. Perhaps, the biggest change is the helmet decal, where I replaced the UTM wordmark with the skyhawk logo.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

TENNESSEE STATE

This might get mixed reactions. I dropped the classical blue-white-and-red look for Tennessee State in favor of blue-white-and-black. Almost all the typography are inspired by the curvy TSU wordmark. The final piece for the overall design is the incorporation of sublimated tiger stripes. I repeat, this might get mixed reactions, since this is a departure from their traditional look.

spacer.png

spacer.png

On 3/21/2018 at 9:44 PM, edjb93 said:

NORTH DAKOTA

The overall look is just a modified version of the Fighting Hawks' current set. The jersey wordmark is now in line with the current athletic graphics standards, and the "speed" stripes (actual name of one of the stripes available in the Adidas catalog) are speedy no more. That striping is also applied to the pants, since the current set doesn't have one. Also, for the first time since their departure from Nike, black uniforms are included.

39588546934_6cb0cdcac5_b.jpg

40300240121_9601ccc324_b.jpg

39402826745_68cbfefe8c_b.jpg

This has a very 1990-97 New York Jets feel for the most part. I think the overall design is too simple, and too emphatic on the green and white, for an all-black set. Maybe green jersey over black pants, or vice-versa?

On ‎06‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 11:08 AM, MCM0313 said:

This has a very 1990-97 New York Jets feel for the most part. I think the overall design is too simple, and too emphatic on the green and white, for an all-black set. Maybe green jersey over black pants, or vice-versa?

Almost all combos are interchangeable. I just only post 2-5 combos per team for simplicity's sake. Here are the black pants paired with other jersey colors:

spacer.png

spacer.png

On 6/22/2018 at 10:27 AM, Seadragon76 said:

I think the Tennessee State concept works. They have a semi original word mark to use... so, why not use it?

You're referring to this, right?

800px-Tennessee_State_Tigers_wordmark.sv

I feel like the changes you made to TSU make them too identical to the other Tigers in the state that use blue, white, black, and sublimated tiger stripes.

For Austin Peay (the school I attend and work closely with the athletic department of), we’re moving toward heavy use of the “Gov Head” logo over the classic AP. Also, basing your design off of the Russell Era uniforms may bring back haunting memories for Govs fans.

On 6/24/2018 at 12:59 AM, jerrylawless3 said:

I feel like the changes you made to TSU make them too identical to the other Tigers in the state that use blue, white, black, and sublimated tiger stripes.

For Austin Peay (the school I attend and work closely with the athletic department of), we’re moving toward heavy use of the “Gov Head” logo over the classic AP. Also, basing your design off of the Russell Era uniforms may bring back haunting memories for Govs fans.

Yeah, you could also say that my TSU concept is somewhat similar to my Memphis concept that I made more than a year ago (black was even more emphasized on that set). And for Austin Peay, that was something I'm not aware of. Thanks for pointing that out. Football standings aside, I like the design of those, even if those are Russell catalog uniforms.

By the way, please take note that the color of the Patriot League patch on this series will remain as is, and not recolored according to the athletic team's colors.

With that in mind, let me know your thoughts about the series so far.

Archived