East London Pub League - NEW KITS ADDED 3/16

Midnight 7 design

After spending far too many hours in the pubs around East London, it suddenly dawned on me that a lot of my favourite drinking establishments could have sports logo designed around their names. I have started to create the East London Pub League (working title) which will feature logos for 16 different East London boozers. Not quite sure which sport they will be representing, but I think I'll be heading towards an American Football League with 4 conferences. I will try and inject a little bit of humour when I can, but my aim is to design serious branding for each pub to help sharpen my design skills. No idea how long this will take to complete, but just going to post as and when I can.

onystVl.jpg

hE8VAbt.jpg

Teams

North Ish Conference

1)*****

2)*****

3)*****

4)*****

East East Conference

1) Swan Wharf

2) Howling Hops

3)*****

4)*****

East End Conference

1)*****

2)*****

3)*****

4)*****

Shoreditch Conference

1) Owl and Pussycat

2)*****

3)*****

4)*****

• Atomic locked and unlocked this topic

This is great so far. Love your style. Reminds me a lot of Fraser Davidson and his darts work -- that's a great thing. Only nitpick would be to maybe think more about your text and the hierarchy of the words you're putting in there. For example, "SWAN WHARF" and "HACKNEY WICK" seem to be about the same size and weight, but I would contend "SWAN WHARF" is the more important of the two, so it should be bigger and bolder than the other. And "HOWLING HOPS" could be warped or skewed a bit to better fit the shape in which it's contained.

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/12/2017 at 6:54 PM, officeglenn said:

This is great so far. Love your style. Reminds me a lot of Fraser Davidson and his darts work -- that's a great thing. Only nitpick would be to maybe think more about your text and the hierarchy of the words you're putting in there. For example, "SWAN WHARF" and "HACKNEY WICK" seem to be about the same size and weight, but I would contend "SWAN WHARF" is the more important of the two, so it should be bigger and bolder than the other. And "HOWLING HOPS" could be warped or skewed a bit to better fit the shape in which it's contained.

Thankyou so much for the feedback, Fraser is my favourite designer! The whole purpose of this set of logos is to try and get out of my comfort zone as I felt my designs (especially the text) were starting to look a little too similar (see below), so all advice is very much appreciated. 

5fuyPLR.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Designed a quick logo for the league, its a little playful, so doesnt quite match the the conference logos. I'm probably going to redesign the conference logos at some point. Also completed some kit designs for the Swan Wharf team - this was my first go at using some of the kit templates. Feel free to critique, as this whole thread is to help sharpen my skills without the pressure of delivering for a client. 

FhZxr1Z.jpg

1 hour ago, BellaSpurs said:

I’m probably a little dumb, but where are these names coming from? Oh and great work so far in the logos, lookin good

They are the names of pubs / bars / brewerys around east London. Many have interesting names which I’m just using for the basis of the logos. It’s all just a bit of fun for me to help improve my skills.

Archived