Anaheim NHL All Star Concept

kaskladesigns

It's been 25 years, and the Ducks have still never hosted an All Star Game. As I patiently await the day it is announced, I decided to design a jersey concept in the meantime.

The Western Conference teams use the same orange/black/gold color scheme as the Ducks do currently. I've noticed that in the past few years, the host division's team wears the same primary color as the host team, so I decided to continue this pattern.

To contrast this, the Eastern Conference gets to wear the Ducks' throwback eggplant/jade combination.

The All Star Logo itself is based off Anaheim's most iconic building: Disneyland's Sleeping Beauty Castle. I thought the concept of a shooting star fit perfectly here, acting as a connection between the All-Star Game, and "When You Wish Upon a Star".

eOk6JLa.png

10 hours ago, capn89 said:

Eggplant and jade.

Yes of course.

Also, for the concept, on the eggplant and jade jerseys, I think they would look better with the silver replaced with the gold from their logo. I always thought that would have been a good addition to those jerseys.

On 3/10/2018 at 8:10 AM, HoopsCoach55 said:

Love the uniforms, even if I think you should go black instead of white, but I'm not sold on the logo. Something just doesn't click for me.

I was unsure about the logo as well. It was tough trying to make a simplified version of the castle, while still making it recognizable. It also might just look off because there's so much black in the logo. I don't know what to change, though.

Appreciate the feedback!

Only thing I'm not sure about is the logo. I get wanting to tie the game to Disneyland, but considering the company doesn't own the team anymore, I don't find it realistic to consider this. It's not necessarily badly made, it's just not the best idea to begin with.

The uniforms are near perfect, though. The Ducks are one of the few teams that could have four unique jerseys each distinctive enough to work on their own, and all with their own color schemes. Nice work on those. Only thing I'd change would be to take the gradient out of the NHL logo. Just make it the flat version.

Archived