Recommended Posts

Hadn't had any good concept ideas for a few months, largely because the time I'd normally use for them, I've instead focused on custom teams and boards for Techno Bowl (hell, I've actually gotten a game in :D ), but a couple days ago, I doodled something down that I thought could work for Missouri.  A little bit later, here it is.

missourifbmain18.png

Inspired by Faurot Field's diamond endzones, the helmet and pants feature diamonds in lieu of stripes.  The sleeve numbers are also on a diamond, though early on, I decided against doing the same on the torso for obvious reasons.

missourifbalts18.png

The diamond theme continues with the alts, though kicked up a notch in different ways.  The alt helmet encases the tiger in a black diamond, and the dark alt uses an elongated diamond on the torso, with ghosted tigers on the sleeves.  The light alternate, as you can see, would probably look more at home at the Kentucky Derby...or, now that I think about it, Murray State.

It should go without saying, but people don't read posts anymore :p ...the alt helmet can be worn with either of the main jerseys and vice versa, the pants can be swapped, and rebates suck.

Post, speak, and yell words.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alternate 2 could really be something unique, but I feel like all those diamonds are killing it, maybe just leave the diamonds with Mizzou on them.

 

The home and Away look like a fauxback uniform, with the simplicity, but I still like them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i could see them using the white jersey and yellow pants as a new retro style.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lots to cover here, so lets go!

 

Not a bad concept. It’s kind of dull. I love both helmets, top notch. I don’t have a problem with the use of diamonds, but I would prefer it be used tastefully. In this case, there are WAY to many diamonds. That second alt is rough. I’d scrap that, I don’t think it looks good. The diamond numbers don’t work, but the diamonds on the helmet and pants do work. I’d just do some tweaking. Not too bad though. Oh and the away needs more gold...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you could use diamonds for each letter on the NOB for the Alt 2 uniform. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dig the idea, but I feel there's a better way to execute this. Maybe a striping pattern based on the entire end zone rather than just diamonds acting as a stripe?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've never heard of this "Techno Bowl." Can you enlighten me?

 

Also, as far as the concepts, they are interesting. You went WAY out there on the alts, and I like 'em a lot, especially the white/yellow diamond-patterned one.

 

I actually think Alt 1 could be the basis for a full uniform set.

 

Personally, I'm not a fan of the block numbers, as I think that numbers should match the wordmarks, but that's just a personal preference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/5/2018 at 10:44 AM, KRZYBDGRZ said:

Alternate 2 could really be something unique, but I feel like all those diamonds are killing it, maybe just leave the diamonds with Mizzou on them.

 

The home and Away look like a fauxback uniform, with the simplicity, but I still like them.

A lot to respond to, so I'll get to it....in all honesty, a simplified version of the gold/white alt sounds like a pretty good idea.  The funny thing about the mains is that I didn't really have "retro" in mind, it just wound up that way, largely because I didn't think Mizzou's modern numbers were a good fit for this (and don't have their numbers on me anyway).

On 7/5/2018 at 11:09 AM, 1991 said:

i could see them using the white jersey and yellow pants as a new retro style.

 

 I could've probably titled the main set "How to Make the Outlandish Retro Without Really Trying" ?

On 7/5/2018 at 11:30 AM, Cardsblues02 said:

Lots to cover here, so lets go!

 

Not a bad concept. It’s kind of dull. I love both helmets, top notch. I don’t have a problem with the use of diamonds, but I would prefer it be used tastefully. In this case, there are WAY to many diamonds. That second alt is rough. I’d scrap that, I don’t think it looks good. The diamond numbers don’t work, but the diamonds on the helmet and pants do work. I’d just do some tweaking. Not too bad though. Oh and the away needs more gold...

Far as the mains, that is tasteful by my standards ? and yeah, I probably should've given the torso numbers on the road jersey gold trim, I'd mainly wanted the diamond numbers to be the attention grabbers. 

On 7/5/2018 at 12:12 PM, ATolly66 said:

I think you could use diamonds for each letter on the NOB for the Alt 2 uniform. 

Thought about it briefly.  I wouldn't do it as Alt 2 is now, but maybe I would for a simplified version.

22 hours ago, stumpygremlin said:

I've never heard of this "Techno Bowl." Can you enlighten me?

 

Also, as far as the concepts, they are interesting. You went WAY out there on the alts, and I like 'em a lot, especially the white/yellow diamond-patterned one.

 

I actually think Alt 1 could be the basis for a full uniform set.

 

Personally, I'm not a fan of the block numbers, as I think that numbers should match the wordmarks, but that's just a personal preference.

In order: consider yourself enlightened...going way out there on alts (and occasionally homes/aways) is kinda my thing, folks either love em or hate em...Thanks, as far as alt 1, I'd probably make a few tweaks first, but I see what you mean...and as I'd mentioned, I didn't have Missouri's current number font on me, and didn't think it would've been a good fit here in any case.

On 7/5/2018 at 3:46 PM, NicDB said:

I dig the idea, but I feel there's a better way to execute this. Maybe a striping pattern based on the entire end zone rather than just diamonds acting as a stripe?

Fair enough...though obviously, some hypothetical better way hasn't occurred to me yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here goes Mizzou version 2.  The dark alt from the first set becomes the basis for the main set this time, with a tweak on the sleeves: the ghosted tiger is dumped in favor of sleeve numbers and diamond cuffs.

missourifbmain18-2.png

 

The alts...are both gold.  A gold-torso version of the main design, with white numbers, and a somewhat simplified version of the all-diamond alt is the other, with black torso numbers and the player's name in diamonds, something I'm not too sure about, but it was worth a try.

missourifbalts18-2.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love Alt 2. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now