Tampa Bay Sandtigers

gordie_delini

REALLY good start man.  Love the idea.  I like the addition of white very much.

Only advice?  The bend of his "torso" is a little severe.  I'd like to see a little more flow.  ALso, Nurse sharks are pretty docile but have wicked looking, overlapping, croc-style teeth.  Lets get some of those bad boys in here.

I really like it though.  Nice.

as far as the bend is concerned, i tried to make it seem as tho we were viewing the shark from below - not sure if i accomplished that, but hence the bend.

i tried to do some of those teeth, i used many photos as references, but i couldnt make it work without losing the overall feel of the design.

suggestions for the alternate logo?

a dorsal fin alt logo would be cool

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

last thing before i leave for work - do you like the buoy alt logo? i was planning on doing a tertiary logo with the letters TB with a baseball bitten out of it, and then an inaugural season logo with a dorsal fin. i didnt find the thread with the league logo, so if you could post that here, id appreciate it. i plan on tweaking the buoy logo and should have that posted tonite.

OD_Signature.jpg

last thing before i leave for work - do you like the buoy alt logo? i was planning on doing a tertiary logo with the letters TB with a baseball bitten out of it, and then an inaugural season logo with a dorsal fin. i didnt find the thread with the league logo, so if you could post that here, id appreciate it. i plan on tweaking the buoy logo and should have that posted tonite.

I Pm'd you the league logo, buoy alt is great. The TB logo can be a BP logo. Inaugural season logo sounds cool too.

as far as the bend is concerned, i tried to make it seem as tho we were viewing the shark from below - not sure if i accomplished that, but hence the bend.

i tried to do some of those teeth, i used many photos as references, but i couldnt make it work without losing the overall feel of the design.

Umm. Depicting the head from the side doesn't help it look like our perspective is from below at all. And I know the curve is important. What I'm saying is that fish do not fold. They bend to a degree, but it's very uniform and fluid.

Also, I'm not sure what you mean about the teeth......but I'll take your word for it.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

Tampa-Bay-SandTigers-Altern.gif

Anybody else seeing a face in the wave there? It looks kinda stoned, but to me, there appears to be a pair of eyes with a flat nose and mouth in the wave. The two highest/pointiest points in the wave are the eyes......weird. But that's beside the point. ANYWAY......

This is a great alt logo, though I do believe the wave could use some more green (?) rather than simply being white and tan. Also, as mentioned earlier, the bite in the buoy could use some extra definition.

All-in-all, this is a terrific logo (and I wouldn't mind having you design an alt logo for my WAmFL team :D ). Keep up the great work!

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

I think the bitemark needs tweaking.  It should be biting out of the green as well.

im not sure i know exactly what you mean - could you elaborate?

The green is rounded by the bitemark. I think the green should be rendered similarly with a bite mark for realism.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

i think you should move the shark logo to the sleeve, and then the BP logo to all the hats.

i think you're trying to stay away from the current devil rays with the TB hat but I think it'd look better that way.

I actually like the shark on the cap, it reminds me of my favorite minor league team, the Clearwater Threshers

Gordie...can you make a home jersey that is not a vest and off-white, just so I can see what it looks like

here are the uniforms i've done - any changes you want made, let me know

Just for input, that is a sweet logo and unifom set you've created. I love the alt, too. Very creative and sharply executed.

One suggestion, though: the shark doesn't stand out from the cap enough for my taste. You might want to try a white outline to see how that looks, and whether it helps the shark jump off the cap a bit more.

But man, that's a great uniform set. Here's hoping the Devil Rays get in touch with you!

20082614447.png

here are the uniforms i've done - any changes you want made, let me know

Just for input, that is a sweet logo and unifom set you've created. I love the alt, too. Very creative and sharply executed.

One suggestion, though: the shark doesn't stand out from the cap enough for my taste. You might want to try a white outline to see how that looks, and whether it helps the shark jump off the cap a bit more.

But man, that's a great uniform set. Here's hoping the Devil Rays get in touch with you!

i agree with the outline on the cap logo, it does seem to get lost

i thought that too. i will go ahead and make the hats with a white outline around the shark, add the buoy logo as a sleeve patch, and make another home uniform with full sleeves and off white. coming right up! *rings bell, hands order to cook*

by the way, today officially marks one full year of my being a member of the boards. yay!

OD_Signature.jpg

Archived