winters in buffalo

LOGOLYMPIAD EVENT 1

Is there anything you can say to help ease my fears that an accurate representation of 1940 advertisement will beunderappreciated due to the low traditional modern design quality of an authentic piece?

Is there anything you can say to help ease my fears that an accurate representation of 1940 advertisement will beunderappreciated due to the low traditional modern design quality of an authentic piece?

So, therein lies the question: What made a great ad back then?

Considering the audience, probably not. :D

Serisouly though, I'll instruct the judges and the voting public to take into consideration some actual ads and logo from that time period before making thier decision.

Also you need to instruct the judges to factor in historical accuracy in consideration of the times. I've got a bit of trepidation about revealing exactly what I mean, as it may be an instant identification of the creator of one or more entries. PM me if you want the details wib.

</B.A. in History>

I'd like to think that judging this particular event wouldn't require a BA in history...

Oh, I don't mean that, but rather an ad from the 1940s should have certain things in them. A bit of cursory research would show what I mean, but I'm not giving out any free information to the public. :)

Given that none of the products we're using were around at that point in time, histroical accuracy is pretty much tossed aside.

The important thing is the logo, and the ad.

Given that none of the products we're using were around at that point in time, histroical accuracy is pretty much tossed aside.

Then why talk about doing something from a time period in history when historical accuracy is tossed aside? I mean, why should I make an effort to make my entry look as historically accurate as possible when that won't even considered in the judging?

Then why talk about doing something from a time period in history when historical accuracy is tossed aside? I mean, why should I make an effort to make my entry look as historically accurate as possible when that won't even considered in the judging?

Historical accuracy in terms of the design style IS part of the crietria.

I thought you meant historic accuracy in terms of events, etc. That part's not necessary, i.e. If we're going to create ads for iPods in 1945, I guess it doesn't matter who won the war.

could it be like a drink like coke zero??? its going to be close if it can't be.

Is it a consumer product? Yup

Was it introduced after 1995? Yup

Go for it.

TWO HOURS TO GO, GUYS!

I just realized that I never specified which Time Zone I'm in!

I'm extending the deadline to 11:00 EDT, in case anyone is putting final touches on designs out West.

All other events will close at 8 EDT on their due dates.