Toronto Bluejays Concept

AAO

Awesome stuff. I would say in terms of making this a real MLB type concept, scrap the full-body Jay. The head alone is fierce and simple, and just BA if you ask me, but the full-body Jay really has no place in the whole identity. You could make a great primary based off the head of the Jay, and the T logo with the full-body in it doesn't work as well as the other marks anyway. Primary should be wordmark with Jay head above, partial logo should be just the Jay head, use the head for one cap for home and road use, then just the T for the alternate cap. I'd even get rid of the head in the first wordmark, especially if that is intended for use on jerseys. I would just keep it simple on jerseys and use the style of the second wordmark and use either Toronto, or BlueJays, with no logos attached. That would look classy. Thats just my opinion. Nice work.

The problem with the wings is that the blue jay's left wing is folded behind the right wing. It should join the body at an inversely proportional angle, as the angle in the feet(in correlation to one another) imply that the bird is not flying in a parallel path to the viewer.

Does that make any sense? In other words; your perspective's off.

Sigs are for sissies.

TorontoBluejaysConcept.gif

First things first, the rendering of the jay is great. But overall, I think there is too much black in this concept, which I feel is the biggest problem with the current unis. I understand keeping black because the Rays have dueling blues, but this has too much. Try making the type blue on the primary. In addition, Cap Logo 2 doesn't seem to have the look of an integrated logo; it looks somewhat slapped together. Try centering the jay on the T. I don't know if that is necessarily the answer, but it's worth a try. As always, your typography is stellar, which is one thing that sets your work apart from so many others. Can't wait to see the uniforms!

Keep on truckin'!

• 2 weeks later...

It's okay, but not great.

Birds don't fly like what you've drawn with the feet dangling. It looks like he's about to trip or something. Birds tuck their feet/legs in during flight and have them in an "aggressive" position to grab prey or a perch.

The wordmark doesn't blow me away. It works, but that's it. The serif on the middle line of the "E" extending from the stem is kinda distracting. If anything that part of the letter should take a cue from how the "A" is done. It's the blue highlight that makes it so stark on that letter.

The cap logos look like they just thrown together. There isn't a natural flow to them. Logo 1 looks much better than logo 2, but a simple "T" would probably be the strongest choice.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

i think everything looks very sharp and professional except for the cap logos...each of them look unbalanced and kind of forced. the single head logo is probably the best way to go, mainly because i feel the whole bird itself has no direction...if it was perched on something maybe it would be different. i do like the design elements in the whole bird though...you made a small bird look pretty fierce.

Archived