Oakland A's Concept

AlaskaAJ

Do You Like My Oakland A's Rebrand?  

65 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well, I was looking at the Oakland A's logo, and I started thinking that a team with 108 years of tradition could use a better looking logo. I really tried to add a vintage feel to it, and I can't WAIT to see what you guys think of it. So, without further adu, here it is:

OaklandAthleticsRebrand.png

Give that a moment to sink in.

-

-

-

-

-

So, the main changes I made were,

1. Filled in the yellow center

2. Changed the font

3. Brighened the gold.

4. Changed the green to a green-blue.

5. Changed the white lettering to Gold.

So, I'm wondering what you guys think of it... I really think it added a vintage feel, and it suits the Philadelphia / Kansas City / Oakland A's rich history well.

C&C?

ccslcsig-4.png

i personally love the change idk if there was anything wrong with it before but this doesnt make it worse IMO unless you dont like the gold/yellow color but i dont mind it. i would love to see uni's if you were gonna change them to go with the new logo.

Giants.png

sg048n.jpg

its a nice logo, but nice logos are often paired with disastrous uniforms. Wouldn't mind a peek at what you had in mind for those before i vote on this.

73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

29, 30, 31, 36, 39, 44, 61, 62, 65, 66, 67, 96, 10

For a uniform design, I would like to see a style resembling the Athletics during the early 1970's... with alternate green and yellow uniform tops! I like the elephant logo on the home top, so have it on the uniforms.

"Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy." Benjamin Franklin

Well, I was looking at the Oakland A's logo, and I started thinking that a team with 108 years of tradition could use a better looking logo. I really tried to add a vintage feel to it, and I can't WAIT to see what you guys think of it. So, without further adu, here it is:

OaklandAthleticsRebrand.png

So, I'm wondering what you guys think of it... I really think it added a vintage feel, and it suits the Philadelphia / Kansas City / Oakland A's rich history well.

C&C?

I too would like some white.

I would like an slight increase of size of the "A's" in the middle.

The letter spacing of the team name is inconsistent. Could be a kerning issue.

The word wrap around the circle path is poor, clearly the O and D in Oakland, and the A and S in Athletics are skewed.

A true vintage feel would perhaps abandon the green for the original blue which would lean more towards a "rebranding"

1sigHawks-1.png

2sigHawks.gif

i like the new font alot, but i think you should have left some white in there somewhere, but im not sure where that would be exactly.

I feel the opposite. I am not sure about the font. My gut reaction was not to like it, but it's grown on me. But I love the absence of white.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

No to complete absence of white. "Wedding gown white" was one of the Athletics' colors, too.

Like the Tigers and Yankees, there are two "A's" marks in the package: the one you use there from the primary, and the one for the hats. Try using the superior hat version for everything, maybe green with a yellow outline on a white field. I really like the font you chose, but it's not wrapping right and some of the letters look like they're floating in space. Fix that somehow, and make them white. I realize this puts your logo awfully close to what they already have, but it's hard to depart from a good solid primary such as Oakland's.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• 1 month later...

Archived