Cincinnati Kings Concept

BigRed618

My second soccer concept is finally done. The Cincinnati Kings are a team in the 4th-tier Premier Development League. They were once in the USL Second Division, but they self-relegated due to a few bad seasons. Maybe a new image will bring them back from the brink of obscurity?

The first thing I did was change their crest. The one they have is on top, and my concept is below it...

cinkings.gif

Nothing too extravagant here. The main attraction is that the ball, combined with the three dots, makes it look like a crown.

The home kit...

cinkingshome.png

The colors are based on what they're wearing already, but with a few added frills. the front of the jersey has a subliminated image of Cincinnati's flag, complete with the city's motto which means "unity is strength." I didn't want the sponsor logo to block this out, so I moved it to the back of the shirt, below the number. Kroger is a grocery store chain, and since it's based in Cincinnati, it was a natural choice for a sponsor.

The change kit:

cinkingschange.png

Basically the same thing except all pieces of the uniform are now red, to lessen the chances of a clash situation with another black team.

The alternate:

cinkingsalt.png

This special kit is a tribute to the Society of the Cincinnati. The Society of the Cincinnati is a historical, hereditary lineage organization with branches in the United States and France, founded in 1783 to preserve the ideals and fellowship of the American Revolutionary War officers. Cincinnati, which was just a small village back then, was named after the Society. Nowadays the Society promotes public interest in the American Revolution through its library and museum collections, exhibitions, programs, publications, and other activities. The colors of the kit are based on the Society's flag. The dark blue stands for America, and the white and sky blue stand for France, which played a major role in the Revolutionary War as well as the War of 1812.

There you have it. What do you think? C&C, please and thank you.

Your logo is brilliant. I don't think I'm the one to ask about the jerseys, though, because I generally don't like fancy sublimated designs though I know they're popular.

To tell the truth, this is the first one where I tried using a subliminal design. I didn't want to come in here with just a plain black shirt. At least with this there would be something to talk about... or so I thought. This is the second day I had this up, and you're the first one to comment on it.

The number of comments isn't necessarily a gauge of what people think of the design. Some poor concepts get lots of comments, some great ones get few. It can be frustrating when you're wanting critique, but there's not a lot that can be done about it. I would be interested in seeing the concept without the sublimation.

rATMcmK.png

Archived