bigred618's Soccer Concepts (NY Red Bulls Rebrand)

BigRed618

I looked at your work so far, and I must say: Amazing!

Some of my highlights:

Virginia Calvary in Chocolate Brown and Beige/Cream - Really unique for the sport! Love it!

Portland Timbers - Of course, they're my team!

LA Aztecs - Yes! If Chivas won't leave LA, I'd love to see that rebranding.

Houston Dynamo - Third kit with the asteroids on it. Haha, wouldn't that be sweet to see that for real!

Keep it up, you're doing great!

VHj90kn.png

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

NEW YORK CITY FC

Home Kit

nycfchome.png

Change Kit

nycfcchange.png

NYCFC is meant to be the lovechild of the AL's New York Yankees and the EPL's Manchester City, but I don't think the team should necessarily look the part. For my concept, I decided not to use sky blue since too many MLS teams use it already. The only hint to the team's affiliation to City will be the eagle displayed on the crest. I did, however, like the idea of NYC wearing pinstripes, so that became their home colors. The change kit has blue and orange stripes. These colors scream New York in my opinion and the color combo would be unique to this league.

C&C appreciated. Taking a break now.

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Bringing this back to life with yet another tweak of my Dynamo concept...

HOME

hou_Home2.png

CHANGE

hou_Change2.png

THIRD

hou_Third2.png

I just needed to make some improvements on the crest, so I went with a sci-fi themed rendition of Moscow Dynamo's famous D monogram. Hope you like this better.

• 4 weeks later...

I redid my St. Louis concept by giving them a complete rebrand...

AC ST. LOUIS

Home Kit

acstl_Home.png

Change Kit

acstl_Change.png

I revive the name of AC St. Louis. It just rolls off the tongue too well to be wasted. The crest and uniforms are inspired by this flag: http://www.crwflags.com/fotw/flags/us-moslo.html#fair It was the official flag of the Lewis & Clark Exposition of 1904, and I thought I could come up with a good brand based on that. I drew up my own fleur-de-lis, which is designed to evoke the image of the Gateway Arch and form a stylized letter A. I still couldn't come up with a third option for this team, however.

C&C greatly appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

I have an idea for a rebrand for RBNY in case Red Bull decides to give up naming rights to the team...

NEW YORK EXPOS

Home Kit

ny_Expos_Home.png

Change Kit

ny_Expos_Change.png

Third Kit

ny_Expos_Third.png

The Big Apple hosted the World's Fair twice in its history. The Expos identity is meant to pay homage to these important events by combining symbols from both fairs. A silouette of the Trylon and Perisphere, representing the '39 fair, is imposed against a grided background in half orange and half sky-blue, evoking the image of the Unisphere, representing the '65 Expo. As further homage to the 1939 Expo, with its focus on the wonders of tomorrow, the crest is in the shape of a television screen, as TV as we know it started in that World's Fair. The odd colors on the third kit also celebrates the magic of the boob tube as it evokes what was once a familiar sight on a TV screen: the test card.

I admit, this is one of my weirder concepts, but that's why I'm bringing it here, so maybe you can help me turn this into something marketable. C&C appreciated, as always.

Archived